How to Design an Oscillator for Producing Square and Triangular Waves

In summary, The person is asking for help in designing an oscillator that can produce a square wave with specific time intervals. They also want to know how to make the oscillator produce a triangular wave. Another person suggests using an op-amp wired as an integrator to get a triangle wave from a square wave. They also mention having schematics for different waveform generators.
Monsu
I have a question as to how to design an oscillator that will produce a wave such as the one I have attached. It is a square wave, but with changing times, first half wave with time 20ms, and second half wave with 5ms. Also, how could i make this oscillator then produce a triangular wave.

Attachments

• square wave.JPG
    square wave.JPG
    2.8 KB · Views: 431
Engineering news on Phys.org
Two oscillators with different frequencies and offsets pumped into an OR gate should do it.

As for producing the triangular wave, someone else will have to answer the question

To get a triangle wave from a square wave, use an op-amp wired up as an integrator.

- Warren

Monsu said:
I have a question as to how to design an oscillator that will produce a wave such as the one I have attached. It is a square wave, but with changing times, first half wave with time 20ms, and second half wave with 5ms. Also, how could i make this oscillator then produce a triangular wave.
How did you post that image?
I have schematics of many waveform generators.

1. What is a square wave oscillator?

A square wave oscillator is an electronic circuit that generates a periodic waveform with a square shape. It is typically used to generate clock signals in digital circuits or as a test signal in electronic equipment.

2. How does a square wave oscillator work?

A square wave oscillator works by using a feedback loop to create a continuous oscillation between two states, high and low. This is achieved by using a combination of resistors, capacitors, and transistors to generate a square wave output.

3. What is the frequency range of a square wave oscillator?

The frequency range of a square wave oscillator can vary depending on the specific circuit design and components used. In general, they can produce frequencies from a few hertz to several megahertz.

4. What are the applications of a square wave oscillator?

Square wave oscillators have a wide range of applications in electronics, including as clock signals in digital circuits, as a test signal for equipment calibration, and as a signal source for audio and radio frequency circuits.

5. How accurate is a square wave oscillator?

The accuracy of a square wave oscillator depends on the circuit design and components used. In general, they can achieve high levels of accuracy, but factors such as temperature and component aging can affect their precision over time.