Males vs Females on PF: How Many? Guess!

• Thread starter chound
  • Start date
In summary: I'm very female. well... sometimes i wonder about it... maybe I'm actually a guy stuck in a woman's body... but nah, I'm pretty sure I'm female... least where it counts...In summary, there are a lot of sex-oriented posts coming out of this forum, but few people are unaware of their own gender.

Are you Male or Female?

• Male

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • Female

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I dunno/Other

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
chound
How many Males and Females are there in this forum? Guess.

Physics news on Phys.org
chound said:
How many Males and Females are there in this forum? Guess.

Wow.. a lot of sex oriented posts coming out of this forum, no? :uhh:

"I dunno"?
You will find very few people unaware of their own gender here (or anywhere for that matter.)

Bladibla said:
Wow.. a lot of sex oriented posts coming out of this forum, no? :uhh:
Yeah I was noticing the same thing. I was wondering if I, or someone, should suggest that there be a new forum section for sex/women/dating/etc.

"The mathematical concepts of dating"

I think smurf might press dunno/other.

Im male tho.

kaos said:
I think smurf might press dunno/other.
:rofl: :rofl:

Ooops, accidently hit female..

Totally didn't see that coming.

I'd be curious to know who is checking "I dunno/other." :confused: Was the question supposed to be about sex or gender? "I dunno/other" would be a reasonable response to a question about gender, but if it's about sex, it's usually an either/or choice.

Check the OP.Its about gender.

How bout trannies or those with both sex organs(forgot the scientific term)?They can go with other.

It's hermaphrodite.

We already have 2 cases...:tongue2:

Daniel.

kaos said:
Check the OP.Its about gender.

Nothing in the OP or poll says anything about gender or sex. It just says male/female. That could be either gender or sex. In case people aren't understanding my point, sex refers to your biological sex (XX or XY chromosomes). It's pretty cut and dry. Gender refers to your self-identity. You can be an XY biological male, but consider yourself female, perhaps even go for a gender-reassignment surgery or take hormones to appear more female. It doesn't change your biological sex, but it would change your gender assignment from male to female. I don't mean sex as in sexual preference. I'm not sure what the OP meant.

I thought you meant sex as in: Yes please.

mattmns said:
I thought you meant sex as in: Yes please.

Nope, as in trying to figure out how someone is unsure or "other." Even if we're talking about gender, usually someone has a feeling of one or the other, even if their gender doesn't match their biological sex. If someone really is confused about this and doesn't know, this is something to be concerned about. But, perhaps they interpreted it as you did, meaning with whom? Then "other" or "dunno" would be a more reasonable possible answer if "either" or "neither" were the answer.

I was just making an Austin Powers reference, but nevermind. :rofl:

Personally I thought the question was quite clear, but I guess anything can be misinterpretated.

mattmns said:
I was just making an Austin Powers reference, but nevermind. :rofl:

Sorry, my mind is mostly on work, only a little bit on what I'm reading here.

Personally I thought the question was quite clear, but I guess anything can be misinterpretated.

According to some M.D. friends of mine, you'd be surprised how often the question is misinterpreted (or even misinterpretated :tongue:). Of course, when someone answers "other," they really do want to follow up on that response. :bugeye:

Moonbear said:
According to some M.D. friends of mine, you'd be surprised how often the question is misinterpreted (or even misinterpretated :tongue:). Of course, when someone answers "other," they really do want to follow up on that response. :bugeye:

Woops! At first I wrote a sentence with Misinterpretation, but I did not like it, so I changed the sentence and rather than re write the whole word I just took off the end and added ed lol :yuck:

As for people not knowing what gender they are, that seems a bit akward to me. But I guess in our politically correct world you need an option for all occasions.

mattmns said:
Yeah I was noticing the same thing. I was wondering if I, or someone, should suggest that there be a new forum section for sex/women/dating/etc.
What should the title be? Dr. Ruth, Dr. Phil, Helouise, the PF Couch...? BTW - I laughed REALLY hard at "yes please." In the meantime, who says we don't need sex education in our schools, huh?

The PF Couch,that sounds naughty...:tongue2:

Daniel.

Pf couch sounds too relaxed. Maybe the PF Bed, or Bedroom, or Hottub! Yes, the PF Hottub.

Once we get a consensus on the name we can start an official thread to get the forum started :smile:

Oh I know, Forotica!

I'm very female. well... sometimes i wonder about it... maybe I'm actually a guy stuck in a woman's body... but nah, I'm pretty sure I'm female... least where it counts...

Last edited:
mattmns said:
Pf couch sounds too relaxed. Maybe the PF Bed, or Bedroom, or Hottub! Yes, the PF Hottub.

Once we get a consensus on the name we can start an official thread to get the forum started :smile:

Oh, I think we already have the place. Just sidle up to the bar at the Suggestion Box and tell us all your troubles.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=62022

"I was born twice: first, as a baby girl, on a remarkably smogless Detroit day in January of 1960; and then again, as a teenage boy in an emergency room near Petoskey, Michigan, in August of 1974."

From Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. Great book.

uhh technical question ,watz the chromosome of hemaphrodites

xx xy or yy or?

kaos said:
uhh technical question ,watz the chromosome of hemaphrodites

xx xy or yy or?

Nobody has YY genotype.

Hermaphrodites and pseudohermaphrodites can be either XX or XY genotype. The hermaphroditism is a defect in differentiation of the gonads and/or genitalia during development. In very rare cases, hermaphroditism can occur in mosaicism (a mixture of cells with XX and XY genotype in the same individual).

http://www.bui.ac.uk/Tutorials/intersex.htm

What is the purpose of studying the difference between males and females on PF?

The purpose of this study is to understand the distribution of males and females on PF (personal finance) platforms and how their behaviors and strategies may differ. This can provide insights into potential gender disparities in financial decision-making and help inform strategies for promoting financial literacy and equality.

How many males and females are typically represented on PF platforms?

There is no definitive answer as it can vary depending on the specific platform and its user base. However, research has shown that in general, there tends to be a greater representation of males on PF platforms compared to females.

What factors may contribute to the difference in numbers between males and females on PF?

There are several potential factors that may contribute to this difference, including societal gender norms and expectations, differences in financial education and confidence, and potential bias in the financial industry. Further research is needed to fully understand these factors.

Do males and females have different financial behaviors and strategies on PF platforms?

While there is no definitive answer, some studies have shown that there may be differences in financial behaviors and strategies between males and females on PF platforms. For example, females may be more risk-averse and tend to save more, while males may be more likely to invest in stocks.

What are the potential implications of the difference between males and females on PF?

Understanding the difference between males and females on PF can have important implications for promoting financial equality and inclusion. By addressing potential barriers and biases, we can work towards creating a more equitable financial landscape for all individuals.