Become a Statistician: Get Advice from Experts in the Field

• Thread starter DrunkenPhD
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career
In summary, the speaker has recently completed their math studies and has a focus on statistics and experience with R language. They are seeking advice from experts in the field on the most preferred fields of applied statistics and what they should study next for their career. However, they have not provided enough information for a relevant answer to be given.
DrunkenPhD
Just finished my math studies.
I have been studying mostly statistics and have some experience in R language.
Need advice from experts working in field for further steps to make a career .
Which are most preferred fields of applied statistics and what I should study next?
Thx

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, that's like saying hey I'm a math major and I need to know what to study next. I have no idea why classes you have taken, what level of education you have or plan to obtain, and what your career goes are. Until you fill in the blanks no answer here will be relevant.

What is a statistician?

A statistician is a professional who collects, analyzes, and interprets data to help solve real-world problems. They use mathematical and statistical techniques to make sense of large amounts of data and provide insights and predictions.

What education is required to become a statistician?

Most statisticians have a bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, or a related field. However, many positions also require a master's degree or a PhD, particularly for more advanced or research-based roles.

What skills are important for a statistician?

A statistician should have strong analytical and mathematical abilities, as well as proficiency in statistical software and programming languages. They should also have critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate complex information effectively.

What industries do statisticians typically work in?

Statisticians can work in a variety of industries, including government, healthcare, finance, marketing, and research. They are in high demand in industries that rely on data analysis to make informed decisions and solve problems.

What is the job outlook for statisticians?

The job outlook for statisticians is very positive, with a projected growth of 33% from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the use of big data continues to increase, the demand for skilled statisticians will also continue to grow.