Will My Zombie Flick Be The Next Hollywood Blockbuster?

• Thread starter omega2
  • Start date
In summary, a filmmaker has posted a preview of his zombie movie on a forum in hopes of getting feedback and suggestions for improvements. Some users criticize the movie after watching only a small portion, while others suggest not making zombie movies at all. The filmmaker defends his work and mentions his plans to make a better video in the future. There is also discussion about the purpose of the filmmaker posting on the forum and his aspirations to sell the movie to a major studio. Ultimately, the video is deleted due to lack of appreciation.
omega2
i've made a film i hope will get sold to Paramount. Meantime here's a preview (it's quite a large scale production involving the military and an expensive actor (me;) http://rapidshare.de/files/1384978/zombie.wmv.html

can you suggest any improvements?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
WHERE IS THE FREAKING DOWNLOAD!?

You better stop this crap.

JasonRox, you'd better stop entering my threads then.

the download is there, but i have a feeling you'd hate what you saw...

to the rest of you, it's quite a nice little movie :biggrin:

Ok... if you would have given DIRECTIONS, maybe that would HELP!

For the review...

I watched it for 10 seconds... it sucks.

I hope you're joking about selling it.

I watched it for 10 seconds... it sucks.

told you you'd hate it... :rolleyes:

how can you fairly review something after watching only 10% of the piece. Work on your patience and be broad-minded, boy... :tongue:

Nobody wants this crap. Obviously you only want to exploit the amount of users the forum has --

Way too superfical for anybody to waste their time on.

Last edited:
OK, I watched the whole clip and I say it sucks. :yuck:

Of course, it doesn't help matters that just this past week I watched Dawn of the Dead AND Shaun of the Dead, which I think are the 2 greatest zombie movies of all time. :approve:

omega2 said:
can you suggest any improvements?

Yeah. Don't make zombie movies. [rant] The major studios already pump out enough crap. Don't be one of the a-holes lining up to cash in on the ignorant populace that pays for this kind of crap. If this is the kind of film maker you aspire to be, then you are a boil on this country's arse that needs to be lanced. [/rant]

Why is it deleted now?

Way too superfical for anybody to waste their time on.

Too superficial?! An army General errs to the point that he's greatly concerned over his career! False alarms! Hoaxers! These are the themes that that video featured! :mad:

OK, I watched the whole clip and I say it sucks.

That's because you're foolishly comparing me with Hollywood! :rolleyes:

Why is it deleted now?

because my efforts were under appreciated, they'd infected me (momentarily) with a belief that the video was dreadful. Still, I'll try to come up with another, even better video very soon! :biggrin:

I wasn't talking about the video; I was talking about your reason for posting it in here. You come to physics forums, not because you care about physics, but to use the amount of members the forum has.

omega2 said:
That's because you're foolishly comparing me with Hollywood! :rolleyes:

Erm, weren't you the one who said that you were trying to sell it to Paramount? :rofl:

What is the process for creating a zombie in a movie?

The process for creating a zombie in a movie involves a combination of makeup, special effects, and acting. The makeup artist will use prosthetics, fake blood, and other materials to create the zombie's appearance. Special effects are used to enhance the zombie's movements and actions. The actor will also play a crucial role in bringing the zombie to life through their performance.

What is the most realistic way to depict a zombie outbreak in a movie?

The most realistic way to depict a zombie outbreak in a movie would be to focus on the human element. This means showing the reactions and emotions of the characters as they deal with the outbreak, rather than just focusing on the zombies themselves. Additionally, incorporating real-world scenarios and consequences can add a sense of authenticity to the film.

What are some common mistakes made when making a zombie flick?

Some common mistakes made when making a zombie flick include relying too heavily on gore and violence, neglecting character development, and not having a cohesive plot. It's important to remember that a good zombie movie should have more than just mindless zombies attacking people. It should also have compelling characters and a well-crafted story.

What are the key elements of a successful zombie movie?

The key elements of a successful zombie movie include a unique and engaging premise, well-developed characters, and a strong sense of tension and suspense. The movie should also have a balance of horror and comedy, and use special effects and makeup to create realistic and terrifying zombies.

How can a zombie movie be used to explore deeper themes or messages?

A zombie movie can be used to explore deeper themes or messages by using the zombie outbreak as a metaphor for real-world issues. For example, a zombie movie could represent the dangers of consumerism or the breakdown of societal norms. Additionally, the characters' actions and decisions can reflect larger themes such as human nature, survival, and morality.