Math and Physics Visualization Applets

In summary, this conversation discusses various websites that offer interactive applets for exploring physics concepts such as oscillatory motion, vector fields, and quantum mechanics. These applets can be useful for students with programming skills. Some recommended sites include Falstad.com, walter-fendt.de, upscale.utoronto.ca, gregegan.customer.netspace.net.au, phy.ntnu.edu.tw, and Siminsights.com. Each site offers a variety of applets and simulations for different levels of physics education.
neutrino
http://www.falstad.com/mathphysics.html#qm

This site contains applets on "visualsing" osciallatory motion, vector fields, electro- and magnetostatics, electrodynamics, and simple examples of quantum mechanical potentials.

I'm sure that this site has been mentioned before in some post or the other, but I thought it would be useful to many if posted here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's another one that seems useful:
http://www.walter-fendt.de/ph14e/

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you with programming skills as well as physics skills, please join our group at

www.opensourcephysics.org

Last edited by a moderator:
hey all,

www.Siminsights.com
also has a simple mechanical simulation program called SimNewton that measures simple physics problems like oscillations, vector fields, etc. It seems very useful for high school and undergraduate students. They are offering to try it out for free using your e-mail account. Plus you can create some pretty cool games like the ones in the samples on their website.

1. What is a "Math and Physics Visualization Applet"?

A "Math and Physics Visualization Applet" is a computer program that uses graphics and interactive elements to visually represent mathematical and physical concepts. It allows users to explore and understand complex ideas in a more intuitive and engaging way.

2. How can I access the "Math and Physics Visualization Applets"?

The applets can be accessed through various platforms, such as websites, mobile applications, or downloadable software. Some popular sources for these applets are educational websites, scientific organizations, and app stores.

3. What are the benefits of using "Math and Physics Visualization Applets"?

Using these applets can enhance learning and understanding of mathematical and physical concepts by providing visual and interactive representations. They can also help users develop problem-solving skills and promote a deeper understanding of abstract concepts.

4. Are there any limitations to using "Math and Physics Visualization Applets"?

While these applets can be a valuable tool for learning, they should not be relied upon as the sole source of information. They may oversimplify complex ideas and cannot replace traditional methods of learning and practicing math and physics.

5. Can I create my own "Math and Physics Visualization Applets"?

Yes, it is possible to create custom applets using programming languages like Java, JavaScript, or HTML5. However, it requires a strong understanding of math and physics concepts, as well as programming skills. There are also pre-made templates and tools available for creating applets without coding knowledge.