Math Magazine: Scientific American

• Thread starter Ahmadsh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scientific
In summary, the conversation discussed the topic of magazines related to mathematics and specifically focused on the field of cryptology. The initial question asked if there were any magazines similar to Scientific American but specifically for math, and the conversation mentioned several options such as "The Transactions of the American Mathematical Society," "Mathematics Magazine," and "Mathematical Intelligencer." The conversation also touched on the topic of magazines related to cryptology and security algorithms, with the final question asking for recommendations for a general math magazine and a magazine specifically focused on cryptology from a mathematical perspective.
Ahmadsh
Hi all,
I want ask about any magazine related to Math? like scientific american magazine.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Ahmadsh said:
Hi all,
I want ask about any magazine related to Math? like scientific american magazine.
So, if I understand you correctly, what you wish to know is:
whether there exists a magazine, with the intended audience of educated laymen, that reviews and presents in popular (but scientifically justifiable) form results from the current research areas in mathematics?

I'm so sorry sir I write scientific american magazine for just for example maybe i like it. anyway I'm so sorry

I'm so sorry sir I write scientific american magazine just for example may be i like it. anyway I'm so sorry

Yes, we understood that Scientific American was just an example (and not a very good example- relatively little mathematics in it). There are many magazines devoted entirely to mathematics. "The Transactions of the American Mathematical Society" is very technical. "Mathematics Magazine" published by the Mathematics Association of America focuses on "four year college mathematics" but can be very deep. The "Mathematical Intelligencer" has articles about mathematics and mathematicians. Many universities also publish their own mathematics journals but they tend to be focused on specific areas of high-level mathematics.

Unfortunately, we can't know exactly what YOU are looking for.

Ahmadsh said:
I'm so sorry sir I write scientific american magazine for just for example maybe i like it. anyway I'm so sorry

Why should you be sorry?

Your inquiry was a perfectly good one!

I also like Scientific American!

S.A is a journal intended for a lay audience, so I thought you might be after a similar publication within maths.

In particular, Scientific American tries to keep up-to-date with current fields of research, so I thought that you likewise was interested in a journal devoted to current topics of maths.

In order to ascertain if that was what you were after, I asked you my question.

It was not in any way meant to disparage you, or voice an irritation over you.

Now, if I had known about such a journal, I would definitely have subscribed to it!

HallsofIvy have given you a few good leads, sorry that I can't be of more help.

ok,thank you hallsofivy
In fact i ask for magazine in math filed generally like Scientific American which is generally magazine in science filed but I'm Interested in cryptology filed and security algorithm like RSA if you know :
1 st-General magazine in math
2 nd-Magazine in cryptology from mathematics vision

1. What is the purpose of "Math Magazine: Scientific American"?

The purpose of "Math Magazine: Scientific American" is to provide readers with a comprehensive and informative source of mathematical knowledge and research. It aims to bridge the gap between the world of mathematics and the general public by presenting complex concepts in an accessible and engaging manner.

2. Who are the target audience for "Math Magazine: Scientific American"?

The target audience for "Math Magazine: Scientific American" includes mathematicians, scientists, researchers, educators, students, and anyone with an interest in mathematics and its various applications. The magazine caters to a wide range of readers, from novices to experts, by offering a diverse range of content.

3. How often is "Math Magazine: Scientific American" published?

"Math Magazine: Scientific American" is published on a monthly basis, with 12 issues per year. Each issue contains a mix of feature articles, news, and reviews, providing readers with a regular dose of mathematical insights and discoveries.

4. What types of articles can be found in "Math Magazine: Scientific American"?

"Math Magazine: Scientific American" covers a wide range of topics related to mathematics, including pure and applied mathematics, statistics, computing, physics, and other scientific fields. The articles vary in length and complexity, with some focusing on current research and others providing historical perspectives.

5. How can I subscribe to "Math Magazine: Scientific American"?

To subscribe to "Math Magazine: Scientific American", you can visit their official website or contact their customer service department. Subscribers can choose between a print or digital subscription, and there are also options for individual or institutional subscriptions.