How to Solve Parabolic Equations

• Thread starter yeuVi
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing a problem involving equations for x and y, with a given hint. The second equation is a fraction with a restriction on the values of t1 and t2. The final answer is given as t1 = √6 and t2 = -√6.
yeuVi
Help with paremetic

I need help with these... I can't read them...

[tex]\color{blue} a): \ \ \ \ \mathsf{ Eq \ for \ "x" \ indicates \ t_{1} = -t_{2} \ \ \ \ \ \ \ Eq \ for \ "y" \ uses \ next \ hint } [/tex]

[tex]\color{blue} b): \ \ \ \ \frac { t_{1}^{3} \ - \ t_{2}^{3} } { t_{1} \ - \ t_{2} } \ = \ t_{1}^{2} \ + \ t_{1}t_{2} \ + \ t_{2}^{2} \ \ \ \ \ \ \ ( t_{1} \ \ne \ t_{2} )[/tex]

[tex]\color{blue} c): \ \ \ \ (Answers) \ \longrightarrow \ \ (t_{1} \ = \ \sqrt{6}) \ \ and \ \ (t_{2} \ =\ -\sqrt{6})[/tex]

edited to add "tex" by HallsofIvy

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
wrap [tex] around each line, because that's just a mess.

I wonder if there is something wrong on your computer

[tex]\color{blue} a): \ \ \ \ \mathsf{ Eq \ for \ "x" \ indicates \ t_{1} = -t_{2} \ \ \ \ \ \ \ Eq \ for \ "y" \ uses \ next \ hint } [/tex]

[tex]\color{blue} b): \ \ \ \ \frac { t_{1}^{3} \ - \ t_{2}^{3} } { t_{1} \ - \ t_{2} } \ = \ t_{1}^{2} \ + \ t_{1}t_{2} \ + \ t_{2}^{2} \ \ \ \ \ \ \ ( t_{1} \ \ne \ t_{2} )[/tex]

[tex]\color{blue} c): \ \ \ \ (Answers) \ \longrightarrow \ \ (t_{1} \ = \ \sqrt{6}) \ \ and \ \ (t_{2} \ =\ -\sqrt{6}) [/tex]

What is a parabolic equation?

A parabolic equation is a quadratic equation that describes the shape of a parabola. It has the form y = ax^2 + bx + c, where a, b, and c are constants.

How do you solve a parabolic equation?

To solve a parabolic equation, you can use the quadratic formula: x = (-b ± √(b^2 - 4ac)) / 2a. Alternatively, you can factor the equation and solve for x.

What is the vertex of a parabola?

The vertex of a parabola is the point on the graph where the parabola changes direction. It is also the maximum or minimum point of the parabola, depending on the direction of the curve.

What is the axis of symmetry of a parabola?

The axis of symmetry of a parabola is a vertical line that divides the parabola into two equal halves. It passes through the vertex of the parabola and is perpendicular to the directrix.

How can I graph a parabolic equation?

To graph a parabolic equation, you can plot points on the coordinate plane by substituting different values of x into the equation and solving for y. You can also use the vertex and axis of symmetry to help you plot the parabola.