What Oil to Use for a Nikota Air Compressor?

In summary, the person has recently purchased a Nikota air compressor and is unsure of what type of oil to use for the pump. They do not have any directions and are seeking suggestions. It is recommended to use an oil that can withstand high temperatures and maintain a stable viscosity. They are advised to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
Shawnzyoo
I just have purchased an air compressor
Nikota 2 hp., 4 gallon twin tank, 115 psi,
and i was wondering what kind of oil i am supposed to put in the pump
also i don't have any directions
any suggestions?
thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Shawnzyoo said:
I just have purchased an air compressor
Nikota 2 hp., 4 gallon twin tank, 115 psi,
and i was wondering what kind of oil i am supposed to put in the pump
also i don't have any directions
any suggestions?
thanks

I would choose an oil which doesn't boil at the highest temperature reached, and also conserves an stable viscous behavior ([tex] \frac{\partial \mu}{\partial T}<<<[/tex]) over all the temperature range in which the machine works.

http://www.app-nikota.com/home/

Ask the source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah Faust, you beat me to it.

Half the problem is just knowing who to ask: support@nikota.com

1. What type of oil should I use for my Nikota air compressor?

For optimal performance, it is recommended to use a non-detergent SAE 30 weight oil for your Nikota air compressor. This type of oil can withstand the high temperatures and pressures of the compressor without breaking down.

2. Can I use regular motor oil for my Nikota air compressor?

No, regular motor oil is not suitable for use in air compressors. It contains detergents that can cause buildup and clog the compressor's components. It is important to use a non-detergent oil specifically designed for air compressors.

3. How often should I change the oil in my Nikota air compressor?

The frequency of oil changes depends on the usage of your air compressor. For light use, it is recommended to change the oil every 3 months or 300 hours of operation. For heavy use, it is best to change the oil every month or 100 hours of operation.

4. Is it necessary to use synthetic oil in my Nikota air compressor?

No, synthetic oil is not necessary for your Nikota air compressor. Non-detergent SAE 30 weight oil is sufficient for most air compressors. However, if you are using your compressor in extreme temperatures or under heavy load, synthetic oil may provide better performance.

5. Can I use a different brand of oil for my Nikota air compressor?

Yes, you can use a different brand of non-detergent SAE 30 weight oil for your Nikota air compressor. Just make sure to check the specifications and ensure that it is suitable for use in air compressors. It is also important to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for oil type and viscosity.