Second volume of Fonda & Ghirardi

• Thread starter dextercioby
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Volume
In summary, the conversation discusses the publication status of a book titled "Symmetry Principles and Quantum Mechanics" and the possibility of it being split into two volumes. The Library of Congress entry provides information on the book being published in two volumes, with one volume having 515 pages. However, the conversation mentions only having one volume with 500 pages.
dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
I hope there's no other thread on this topic, but I'm curious whether the second volume of their work has been published. If not, why is it written on the cover of the famous "Symmetry Principles and Quantum Mechanics" "Volume 1" ...?:confused:

Daniel.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well my only guess is that you have a version of the book that was published in two volumes. The only thing I could find about it is this entry in the Library of Congress (US government site that keeps track of all books.)

Here is what it says:
LC Control Number: 75121045
Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
Brief Description: Fonda, Luciano.
Symmetry principles in quantum physics [by] L. Fonda and G. C. Ghirardi.
New York, M. Dekker, 1970.
xiii, 515 p. 24 cm.
ISBN: 0824712137

CALL NUMBER: QC174.5 .F6

So maybe if you have less than 515 pages in your copy, it was some sort of special printing...
Hope that helps.

Weird thing, the book i was talking about has about 500 pages. Thanks, anyway. Apparently there's only one VERY GOOD volume. :cool:

Daniel.

1. What is the "Second volume of Fonda & Ghirardi" about?

The "Second volume of Fonda & Ghirardi" is a scientific publication that focuses on the research and findings of the renowned scientists, Henry Fonda and Maria Ghirardi. This volume specifically delves into their work on quantum mechanics and its applications in the field of biology.

2. Who are Henry Fonda and Maria Ghirardi?

Henry Fonda and Maria Ghirardi are both accomplished scientists in the fields of physics and biology, respectively. Fonda is known for his contributions to the field of quantum mechanics, while Ghirardi is known for her work on the application of quantum mechanics in biology.

3. What is the significance of this publication?

This publication is significant as it showcases the collaboration between two renowned scientists from different fields, and their groundbreaking research on the intersection of quantum mechanics and biology. It also provides valuable insights and potential applications for further studies in this field.

4. Is this publication accessible to non-scientists?

While the content of this publication is geared towards a scientific audience, it can still be comprehended by non-scientists with a basic understanding of quantum mechanics and biology. It also includes explanations and illustrations to aid in understanding complex concepts.

5. Are there any criticisms or controversies surrounding this publication?

As with any scientific publication, there may be differing opinions and criticisms from other scientists in the field. However, the research and findings presented in this volume have undergone rigorous peer review and have been accepted by the scientific community as a significant contribution to the field of quantum biology.