Gravity's effects on primordial plasma

In summary, gravity is a fundamental force that plays a crucial role in the formation and evolution of structures in primordial plasma. It causes regions of higher density to attract more matter, leading to the formation of clumps and eventually galaxies. This also explains the observed flatness of the universe, as the balance between gravity and expansion prevents it from either collapsing or expanding too quickly. Gravity is also responsible for pulling matter together to form the first stars and galaxies, as well as affecting the cosmic microwave background radiation by causing small density fluctuations. While gravity does slow down the overall expansion of the universe, recent observations have shown that the expansion is actually accelerating due to the effects of dark energy.
Chaos' lil bro Order
This is a neat paper I found, its a quick read.

http://www.isso.uh.edu/publications/A2006/2006_043_garrison.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Space news on Phys.org
"General Relativistic Magneto-hydrodynamic (GRMHD) turbulence " sounds a real headache to solve!

Garth

I'm looking for models for my blog.
I'll include that one.
jal

Garth said:
"General Relativistic Magneto-hydrodynamic (GRMHD) turbulence " sounds a real headache to solve!

Garth

Heh. Sure is a mouth full. Still I think his theory holds credence and is worth exploring.

1. How does gravity affect the distribution of matter in primordial plasma?

Gravity plays a crucial role in the formation and evolution of structures in primordial plasma. It causes regions of higher density to attract more matter, leading to the formation of clumps and eventually galaxies.

2. Can gravity explain the observed flatness of the universe?

Yes, the flatness of the universe can be explained by the balance between the gravitational pull of matter and the expansion of the universe. If the universe were not flat, gravity would have caused it to either collapse or expand too quickly.

3. How does gravity affect the formation of the first stars and galaxies?

Gravity is responsible for pulling matter together to form the first stars and galaxies. As matter clumps together, it becomes denser and hotter, eventually reaching the temperature needed for nuclear fusion to begin and form stars.

4. Does gravity have any role in the cosmic microwave background radiation?

Yes, gravity affects the cosmic microwave background radiation by causing small fluctuations in the density of primordial plasma. These fluctuations are what eventually led to the formation of structures such as galaxies in the universe.

5. How does gravity affect the overall expansion of the universe?

Gravity slows down the expansion of the universe by pulling matter towards each other. However, recent observations have shown that the expansion of the universe is actually accelerating, which is thought to be caused by the effects of dark energy.