When I'm on a roll I'm on a roll

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Roll
In summary, the phrase "When I'm on a roll I'm on a roll" means experiencing a period of success or good luck and being able to continue it for a period of time. It is not a scientific concept, but a common phrase used to describe a feeling of momentum or success. Examples of when someone might use this phrase include consistently winning at a game or having a successful streak in work or personal life. While there is no specific scientific evidence to support this idea, there are studies that suggest success and confidence can lead to a positive cycle of continued success. It is possible for someone to intentionally create a "roll" by setting goals and maintaining a positive mindset, but it can also occur randomly due to external factors or luck.
tribdog
I'd be willing to bet that no one else can comment on so many threads and not make a bit of difference to the overall "information quotient"
I just like to talk and get lonely sometimes.

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
I'd be willing to bet that no one else can comment on so many threads and not make a bit of difference to the overall "information quotient"
I just like to talk and get lonely sometimes.

Wanna bet? oooh ooh, do I pass?

It's great that you are able to engage in multiple discussions and share your thoughts and opinions. However, it's important to also consider the quality of your contributions rather than just the quantity. It's not just about talking, but also actively listening and adding value to the conversation. Additionally, it's important to also take breaks and engage in other activities to avoid feeling lonely. Balance is key in maintaining a healthy and fulfilling social life.

1. What does the phrase "When I'm on a roll I'm on a roll" mean?

The phrase "When I'm on a roll I'm on a roll" means that someone is experiencing a period of success or good luck and is able to continue it for a period of time.

2. Is "When I'm on a roll I'm on a roll" a scientific concept?

No, "When I'm on a roll I'm on a roll" is not a scientific concept. It is a common phrase that is used to describe a feeling or experience of success or momentum.

3. What are some examples of times when someone might use the phrase "When I'm on a roll I'm on a roll"?

Someone might use the phrase "When I'm on a roll I'm on a roll" when they are consistently winning at a game, completing tasks with ease, or having a successful streak in their work or personal life.

4. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of "When I'm on a roll I'm on a roll"?

There is no specific scientific evidence to support the phrase "When I'm on a roll I'm on a roll" as it is a subjective experience and can vary from person to person. However, there are studies that suggest that success and confidence can lead to a positive cycle of continued success.

5. Can someone intentionally get "on a roll" or is it a random occurrence?

It is possible for someone to intentionally create a "roll" or period of success by setting clear goals, building confidence, and maintaining a positive mindset. However, there are also times when a "roll" may occur randomly due to external factors or luck.