Anyone use Amazon Student?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Student
In summary, Amazon Student allows students to receive free two-day shipping on millions of items, free release-date delivery on video games, DVDs, books and more, as well as exclusive deals and promotions.
Anyone use "Amazon Student"?

I wish this was around when I was in school! Nice way to buy texts and sell them back. Free for six months!

- Amazon Prime shipping benefits free for six months
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
- FREE Release-Date Delivery on video games, DVDs, books and more
- Deals and promotions exclusively for StudentsAmazon Student

Anyone a member? What do you think? Amazon is trying to make a huge push into education and textbooks.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Sounds like an awesome idea, too bad my college doesn't give us a .edu e-mail so I can't use it

I use it all the time actually. It's really great considering my teachers tell me my required books like 3 days before he/she starts assigning homework.

WannabeNewton said:
It's really great considering my teachers tell me my required books like 3 days before he/she starts assigning homework.

Ha, amazing in this day and age teachers can only give you a few days notice!

I did that. Be careful -- it automatically enrolls you in Prime after six months.

jhae2.718 said:
I did that. Be careful -- it automatically enrolls you in Prime after six months.
This happened to me too, but Amazon was gracious enough to give me my refund within 2-3 business days. Not sure if I'm eligible to re-enroll.

jhae2.718 said:
And it's not the full-blown Prime either. Amazon doesn't exactly make this clear.

I have a total of 8 student .edu accounts available (from siblings and best friends) which gives me 4 years of free amazon student. We all make our own wish lists and pay with our own cards but same account . I LOVE 2 DAY SHIPPING!

If you have siblings in college or your spouse is enrolled give it a try. When your student account trial is up sign them up. I'll have amazon prime my whole undergraduate career. :D

Likes ankyy88
Free two-day shipping is great, especially since Amazon just bumped up super saver from $25 to $35 minimum. I usually buy textbooks used, though, so the free shipping doesn't apply. I do, however, buy a lot of Dover books, so it's great getting those shipped free and having them arrive in two days.

How to Rent Your Textbooks Instead of Sell Them

As the header states, that's what I do. I used to use Amazon, but it became a bit too difficult. I simply just rent my textbook from Big Mama. Its so much easier than buying and then having to sell it and you still haven't lowered your damages to the amount you spend on rentals. So yeah, that's why I rent.

And if you still have textbooks that you bought, you can actually rent your textbook out to students across the country on their site. Made a bit of moola doing this before I started renting on their site.

Woopydalan said:
Sounds like an awesome idea, too bad my college doesn't give us a .edu e-mail so I can't use it
Maybe try emailing them a photocopy of your student ID as an alternative proof. I believe I did something like that.

1. What is Amazon Student and who can use it?

Amazon Student is a program offered by Amazon that provides discounted membership benefits to college students. To be eligible, students must have a valid .edu email address and be enrolled in a college or university.

2. What benefits does Amazon Student offer?

Amazon Student offers a variety of benefits, including free two-day shipping on eligible items, access to Prime Video and Prime Music streaming services, exclusive deals and promotions, and a six-month free trial of Amazon Prime.

3. How do I sign up for Amazon Student?

To sign up for Amazon Student, you must first create an Amazon account with your .edu email address. Then, you can visit the Amazon Student page and click on the "Join Prime Student" button to complete the sign-up process.

4. Is there a cost for Amazon Student?

There is a cost for Amazon Student, but it is significantly discounted compared to a regular Amazon Prime membership. Students can choose to pay $59 per year or $6.49 per month for their Amazon Student membership.

5. Can I use Amazon Student after I graduate?

Yes, students can continue to use Amazon Student benefits for up to four years after their initial sign-up. After that, they will be automatically upgraded to a full-priced Amazon Prime membership unless they choose to cancel their membership.