Why we not get attracted by pyramid ?

• Thread starter joyever
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pyramid
In summary, the pyramid has much more mass than us, which is why we are not attracted to them. We need to study the fundamentals of gravity in order to understand why this is.
joyever
why we not get attracted by pyramid ??

pyramid have much mass than us than why we are not attracted by them?

Physics news on Phys.org

joyever said:
pyramid have much mass than us than why we are not attracted by them?
Why do you think you aren't attracted to them? You're attracted by all mass.

no its wrong if i m standing slightly away from pyramid i will not get attracted to it...

You may not feel it, but you are attracted to it.

joyever said:
no its wrong if i m standing slightly away from pyramid i will not get attracted to it...
Sure you will.

It sounds like you need to study the fundamentals of gravity, unless the issue is that you think that the mass of a pyramid has special properties BECAUSE it is a pyramid, and if that is the case then you are off into crackpottery.

Do some math dude. Force due to gravity equals (G*m1*m2)/r^2

Great pyramid of Giza: Mass = 5,900,000,000 kilograms
Height: 139 meters
Base: 230 meters

If you walk up to the middle of one side you are 123 meters from the center of gravity.

F = 6.67*10^-11 * 75kg * 5.9*10^9 kg / 123^2

F = .002 Newtons

Feel that dude?

Cool experiment, thanks for the link!

You may like to know that this was how Mt Everest was discovered by westerners.

During the survey of India in the 1800 it was observed that the plumb bobs of the surveying instruments hung slightly off vertical to the North and it was concluded that there must be a large mountain range to the north to cause this.

Geologically speaking, Mt Everest is a pyramid peak.

go well

Studiot said:
You may like to know that this was how Mt Everest was discovered by westerners.

During the survey of India in the 1800 it was observed that the plumb bobs of the surveying instruments hung slightly off vertical to the North and it was concluded that there must be a large mountain range to the north to cause this.

Geologically speaking, Mt Everest is a pyramid peak.

go well

Interesting, but what I would find more interesting is to know how they determined that the plumb bob was off vertical. What did they use to establish vertical?

phinds said:
Interesting, but what I would find more interesting is to know how they determined that the plumb bob was off vertical. What did they use to establish vertical?

Definitely not a plumb bob XD

phinds said:

The Wiki page linked above says they used certain heavenly body.

In conclusion, audiologies is correct in doing the measurement.

You do feel a pull from the pyramid - it is just very small compared to the pull of the Earth.

Note that you do not feel this pull "sideways" - in case that's what you are expecting. One only feels the net pull of gravitational forces - you will feel a pull down like normal, just slightly off vertical - but again, too small to feel. Though not too small to measure.

Attachments

• PF20110810_pyramid.gif
    PF20110810_pyramid.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:

Mathematics.

They measured vertical angles and the angles of the observed vertical triangles did not add up to 180. The only explanation was that the 'vertical' reference (the plumb line) was in fact leaning.

There is an interesting recent book by John Keay called

The Great Arc

which describes this.

go well

1. Why do humans not feel attracted to pyramids like other architectural structures?

One possible reason could be that pyramids do not have the same visual appeal as other structures. They lack intricate designs and details that tend to catch the eye and evoke a sense of awe and admiration.

2. Are there any cultural or historical reasons for our lack of attraction towards pyramids?

Yes, it is possible that our perception of pyramids has been influenced by their association with death and burial in ancient cultures. This may have subconsciously affected our view of them as dark or morbid structures, rather than ones to be admired.

3. Can the shape of a pyramid affect our level of attraction towards it?

Some studies have suggested that the shape of a pyramid, with its sharp edges and pointed top, may not be as visually appealing to humans as other shapes like circles or curves. This could also contribute to our lack of attraction towards them.

4. Is there any scientific explanation for why we are not attracted to pyramids?

While there is no concrete scientific evidence, some theories suggest that our brains are wired to seek out patterns and symmetry in our surroundings. Pyramids, with their asymmetrical shape, may not trigger the same response as other structures that are visually balanced and harmonious.

5. Could our lack of attraction towards pyramids be related to their purpose and function?

It is possible that the primary purpose of pyramids, as tombs or monuments, may not align with our modern ideas of beauty and attraction. As a result, we may not feel drawn to them in the same way we do to other structures that serve a different purpose, such as places of worship or government buildings.