Where Can I Find Resources for My Photonics Band Gaps Final Project?

In summary, the person needs advice on where to start their project on Photonics band gaps, which involves writing a 10-page paper. They are concerned about being asked questions about the subject that are not included in their paper, so they want to learn as much as possible. They are not very knowledgeable about Photonics and are looking for good online sources to learn from. The speaker suggests starting with a textbook in the library for a basic understanding and then using internet sources to see recent research in the field.
esradw
I need some advice for where to start my project which is about Photonics band gaps. I need to write a 10 pages paper on this subject. I am sure I will be asked a lot about the subject which won't even be in my paper so I need to learn about it as much as I can. But,unfortunatelly I don't know much about Photonics. Do you know any good webpages that gives information about this ?

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Personally I'd start in the library and find a good textbook with some background about photonics in it then perhaps a couple of recent papers on the subject. Its important you get a grounding even if it is the most basic in the subject area first from an introductory text. It is also important for the project since you'll have to show usually in the opening sections what the physical overview of the subject is.

The internet sources are perhaps best for seeing where recent research is heading in that particular field and I wouldn't use it for any more research than that.

1. What is the purpose of your optics class final project?

The purpose of my optics class final project is to apply the principles and concepts learned in class to a real-life scenario or experiment. It allows me to demonstrate my understanding of optics and how it can be used in various applications.

2. What topic did you choose for your optics class final project?

I chose to explore the topic of light polarization for my optics class final project. It is a fascinating phenomenon that has many practical applications in optics and other fields such as telecommunications and medicine.

3. How did you conduct your research for your optics class final project?

I conducted my research by consulting various scientific journals, textbooks, and online resources. I also performed experiments and simulations to gather data and analyze the results.

4. What were the major findings or conclusions of your optics class final project?

The major findings of my optics class final project were that light polarization can be controlled and manipulated using different materials and techniques, and it has significant implications in fields such as 3D imaging, optical communication, and medical diagnostics.

5. How do you think your optics class final project will contribute to the scientific community?

I believe that my optics class final project will contribute to the scientific community by providing further insights and understanding of light polarization and its applications. It may also inspire further research and advancements in this area of optics.