Get Posts-New Posts Not Working

• Thread starter Ronnin
  • Start date
In summary, there are a few possible reasons why new posts may not be showing up on a website. These include issues with caching plugins, permalink settings, post visibility settings, and conflicts with themes or plugins. To troubleshoot, one can try deactivating caching plugins, switching to a default theme, clearing browser cache and cookies, and checking post visibility settings. To ensure timely display of new posts, one can configure caching plugins correctly, use a plugin to automatically clear cache, and double-check permalink and post visibility settings. If posts were previously showing up but suddenly stopped, it could be due to conflicts or updates to themes or plugins, or changes in website code. In such cases, it is recommended to reach out to a website developer for
Ronnin
Has anyone had an issue with trying to get the new posts? I've noticed sometimes it will tell me I have to wait 30 seconds between searches even when I first log on and haven't searched anything yet. Sometimes it get caught in a loop and keeps telling me to wait even after the 30 second period expires.

Physics news on Phys.org
Working for me as well.

Well of course this morning it gave me no issues. Searched right off the bat with no problem. Happy Friday everyone!

1. Why are my new posts not showing up on my website?

There could be several reasons for this issue. One possibility is that your caching plugin is not set up correctly. Caching plugins can sometimes cause delays in displaying new content on your website. Another possibility is that there could be a problem with your permalinks. Make sure they are set up correctly and try resetting them if necessary. Additionally, it's important to check your post visibility settings. If a post is set to private, it will not appear on your website.

2. How do I troubleshoot the issue of new posts not displaying?

First, check to see if the posts are actually being published. If they are not, make sure you are not encountering any errors when trying to publish. If the posts are being published but not displaying, try deactivating any caching plugins you have installed. If that doesn't work, try switching to a default WordPress theme to see if the issue is with your current theme. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

3. My new posts are showing up on the backend, but not on the frontend of my website. What could be causing this?

This could be due to a conflict with your theme or plugins. Try deactivating any recently installed plugins to see if that solves the issue. If not, switch to a default WordPress theme to see if the problem is with your current theme. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. Additionally, check your post visibility settings and make sure the posts are set to public.

4. How can I ensure that my new posts will display on my website in a timely manner?

To ensure that new posts show up on your website as soon as they are published, make sure that your caching plugin is configured correctly. You can also use a plugin that automatically clears your website's cache whenever a new post is published. Additionally, make sure your permalinks are set up correctly and your post visibility settings are set to public.

5. My new posts used to show up on my website, but now they are not. What could have caused this?

If your new posts were previously showing up on your website but suddenly stopped, it's possible that there was an update to your theme or plugins that caused a conflict. Try disabling any recently installed or updated plugins to see if that solves the issue. It's also possible that there was a change made to your website's code, so check for any recent changes that could have caused the problem. If all else fails, reach out to your website's developer for further assistance.