New Sieving Method, Goldbach's Conjecture

In summary, the speaker has developed a new sieving method that they believe can provide a tight lower bound for counting certain types of primes. They are seeking peer review from individuals with advanced degrees in mathematics and a personal interest in number theory. They are also cautious about academic theft and require proof of credentials before sharing their solution. They have also claimed to have a proof for Goldbach's Conjecture. The speaker is open to feedback, but only from those who are genuinely interested and not just trying to discredit them. They are encouraged to publish their findings for others to review.
quazar540
Hi all,
I've developed a new sieving method that I believe provides a tight lower bound for the counting of certain kinds of primes. I'm 99% sure my solution works, and if so, it would allow the solution of many kinds of problems in additive number theory. The sieving method came out of many months of research on Goldbach's Conjecture, of which I believe I also have a proof. Basically I'm looking for some peer review, preferably by an individual(s) with an advanced degree in mathematics and a personal interest in number theory. I won't submit my solution to anyone who doesn't provide a form of proof of their credentials (emails received from a ****@****.edu address will usually suffice) as I'm wary of academic theft. If you're interested in taking a look at my work, please send me a message including your email address and I will contact you.

Thanks.

P.S. I realize some of you online are going to think that it's very unlikely I have something worth looking at (given the age and difficulty of the problems I'm referencing). While you may be right, I'd appreciate it if only those that are genuinely interested in providing feedback contact me, as I have no time for flame wars or haters. If you think I'm full of ****, fine, but don't waste my time or yours trying to tell me so.

Physics news on Phys.org
Also, a quick graph of the continuous function that my sieving method returns, demonstrating a tight lower bound on the number of goldbach pairs for a given even integer (function in red, goldbach's comet in blue)

Attachments

• Goldbach.jpg
    Goldbach.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 577
bump. anyone?

quazar540 said:
Hi all,
I've developed a new sieving method that I believe provides a tight lower bound for the counting of certain kinds of primes. I'm 99% sure my solution works, and if so, it would allow the solution of many kinds of problems in additive number theory. The sieving method came out of many months of research on Goldbach's Conjecture, of which I believe I also have a proof. Basically I'm looking for some peer review, preferably by an individual(s) with an advanced degree in mathematics and a personal interest in number theory. I won't submit my solution to anyone who doesn't provide a form of proof of their credentials (emails received from a ****@****.edu address will usually suffice) as I'm wary of academic theft. If you're interested in taking a look at my work, please send me a message including your email address and I will contact you.

If you think I'm full of ****, fine, but don't waste my time or yours trying to tell me so.

Not hating here, but when a professional academic is deciding whether to ask to see your paper, they are going to make judgments based on whatever evidence is at hand; in this case, your post.

Demanding to see .edu email addresses because you're afraid of academic theft is, I'm afraid, a classic trait of cranks. I am not saying you are a crank; only that your presentation here gives evidence of crankhood. Claiming as a throwaway line that oh, by the way, you've also solved Goldbach doesn't help.

May I suggest that you simply write up your discovery and post it. Then people will look at it. As long as your paper is on the Internet with your name on it and the date of publication, nobody can steal it; you would always have priority.

There was a guy a few months ago who published a claim that he'd proved P <> NP. He posted his paper and because it looked interesting and he seemed serious, hundreds of complexity theorists worldwide were all over it for days till someone found an error.

Believe me if you've got something good and you publish it, people will read it.

Dear researcher,

Thank you for sharing your new sieving method and your potential proof of Goldbach's Conjecture. I am always excited to hear about new developments in mathematics and number theory. Your work certainly sounds promising and I appreciate your caution in protecting your ideas from potential academic theft.

I am interested in learning more about your method and proof, and would be happy to review them as a peer in the field. I have a PhD in mathematics with a focus on number theory and have published several papers in this area. I understand your request for proof of credentials and am happy to provide my email address from my university email account for verification.

I agree that it is important to have a genuine interest in providing constructive feedback and avoiding flame wars or negativity. As scientists, our goal is to collaborate and advance knowledge, not tear each other down. I look forward to hearing from you and potentially providing feedback on your work.

Best regards,

1. What is the New Sieving Method for Goldbach's Conjecture?

The New Sieving Method is a mathematical approach used to verify the Goldbach's Conjecture, which states that every even number greater than 2 can be expressed as the sum of two prime numbers. This method involves systematically checking all possible combinations of prime numbers to determine if they add up to a given even number.

2. How does the New Sieving Method differ from previous methods used to prove Goldbach's Conjecture?

The New Sieving Method is a more efficient approach compared to previous methods, such as the Hardy-Littlewood circle method, as it requires less computation and can be applied to larger numbers. It also provides a more rigorous proof by eliminating the possibility of counterexamples.

3. Can the New Sieving Method be used to prove other conjectures?

While the New Sieving Method was specifically developed for Goldbach's Conjecture, it can potentially be applied to other similar conjectures in number theory. However, it may need to be adapted and modified to suit the specific problem at hand.

4. What are the potential implications of proving Goldbach's Conjecture using the New Sieving Method?

The proof of Goldbach's Conjecture using the New Sieving Method would be a significant milestone in the field of number theory. It would also have practical applications, such as improving computer security through the use of prime numbers, and potentially leading to further advancements in mathematical research.

5. Has the New Sieving Method been successfully used to prove Goldbach's Conjecture?

At this time, the New Sieving Method has not been used to provide a complete proof of Goldbach's Conjecture. However, it has been used to verify the conjecture for even numbers up to 4 x 10^18, providing strong evidence for its validity. Further research and advancements in the method may lead to a complete proof in the future.