US Gov & UFOs: What Do They Know?

• Thread starter Turtle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Government
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of government cover-ups and possible extraterrestrial visitations. There is mention of a show where a man used computer enhancement to uncover possible evidence of a UFO crash, and skepticism about the authenticity of the evidence provided. The conversation also touches on the existence of other life forms in the universe and the difficulty of achieving ancient monuments with modern technology. Overall, there is agreement that there is some kind of cover-up happening, but uncertainty about what exactly is being hidden.
Turtle
What do you think that the US government is hiding in the papers that were "Inked" (The papers pertaing to UFO investigations)?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Turtle
What do you think that the US government is hiding in the papers that were "Inked" (The papers pertaing to UFO investigations)?

Which papers specifically?

I do remember watching a show where a guy working with a computer program was able to enhance a Roswell letter held in the hands of a AF officer in a old photograph. Background: The photo was a 50's era one, black and white, taken of an airforce officer. Specifically, the one where they were fooling with the foil like substance.
Remember, this is before people even conceived of computer enhancement.

When he zoomed in there was talk of 'victims' and 'crashed craft'. Obviously the weather balloon is a crappy alibi meant to cover up the truth. However, from there the truth is hard to determine.

One question we should be asking is 'Are extra-terrestrials visiting Earth'?

Most UFO cases can be explained away easily. However, there is that few that can't be explained. There was a legit debunking project decades ago done by scientists. It turns out, they withheld information that was inconsistent with proving that UFO's are just swamp gas or aircraft. I mean, a memo got leaked that explicitly said some things were amiss.

So there is a cover up of some kind. Whether or not it is about aliens is another thing.

The universe is a big ass thing and we can't even be sure there is just one universe. Don't you think it would be improbable that as large as this universe is, there is no sentient life or otherwise life other than our own?

I think the weirdest stuff comes from our ancient history. Monuments and artifacts that humans of that time could not possibly have done. Even today, there would be some difficulty in achieving such things with all our advanced technology.

Originally posted by PsYcHo_FiSh
I do remember watching a show where a guy working with a computer program was able to enhance a Roswell letter held in the hands of a AF officer in a old photograph. Background: The photo was a 50's era one, black and white, taken of an airforce officer. Specifically, the one where they were fooling with the foil like substance.
Remember, this is before people even conceived of computer enhancement.

When he zoomed in there was talk of 'victims' and 'crashed craft'. Obviously the weather balloon is a crappy alibi meant to cover up the truth. However, from there the truth is hard to determine.

Page one of the UFO Napster above:
http://www.roswellproof.homestead.com/

I'm still not sure how much confidence we can assign to this claim. The correct reading of this document is not as obvious as is implied, however what I have seen is most interesting.

It's obvious that SOME kind of coverup is going on. Weather it's aliens or government projects, something doesn't add up.

I agree! On the note of impossible monuments, one ex. is the belief that the Egyptians built the pyamids all on there own with almost no technology. I say belief because I heard of an attempt to make a scale model of the Great Pyramid and they gave up, the tolerances were too much, and they had high tech stuff and a bunch of money too. Though I doubt the work of aliens on the pyramids, ancient man obviously hasn't gotten the credit he deserves.

1. What evidence exists to support the idea that the US government knows about UFOs?

There have been numerous declassified government documents, witness testimonies from military and government officials, and leaked information from government agencies that suggest the US government has knowledge about UFOs. Additionally, the existence of secretive programs like Project Blue Book and the recent release of Navy pilot footage of UFO sightings further support this idea.

2. Why would the US government keep information about UFOs secret?

There are a few possible reasons for this. Some believe that the government wants to avoid causing widespread panic or fear among the public. Others suggest that the government is trying to protect national security by keeping sensitive information about advanced technology hidden. There are also theories that the government is working with extraterrestrial beings and wants to maintain secrecy for political or diplomatic reasons.

3. How long has the US government been aware of UFOs?

The exact timeline is unclear, but there have been reports of government interest in UFOs dating back to the 1940s. The creation of Project Blue Book in the 1950s and the subsequent investigations and studies by various government agencies suggest that the US government has been aware of UFOs for several decades.

4. Has the US government ever officially acknowledged the existence of UFOs?

No, the US government has never officially acknowledged the existence of UFOs or extraterrestrial life. While there have been statements from government officials and the recent release of Navy pilot footage, these do not constitute an official acknowledgement by the government.

5. What is the current stance of the US government on UFOs?

The US government has not made a definitive statement on UFOs, but it is believed that they still maintain a level of secrecy and continue to investigate and study UFO sightings. In recent years, there has been a slight shift towards acknowledging and studying UFOs, as seen in the creation of the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force by the Pentagon. However, the government's overall stance on UFOs remains unclear.