Buy an Airplane Harness - Get Flying Now

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Supernuc is a daredevil who does stunts with his ultralight plane. He is not licensed to fly and could get into trouble if he were to fly on the street.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed

I want one :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I wonder what its classed as, ultra-light? At first I was laughing as he put on the safty harness, thinking it would never save his life. But now I see it was to keep him in the plane{faints} with his dare devil stunts.
Wolly, you can have it, I'm staying on the ground for this one. I must admit, if I were 30 years younger, I might enjoy such a toy.

hypatia said:
I wonder what its classed as, ultra-light? At first I was laughing as he put on the safty harness, thinking it would never save his life. But now I see it was to keep him in the plane{faints} with his dare devil stunts.
Wolly, you can have it, I'm staying on the ground for this one. I must admit, if I were 30 years younger, I might enjoy such a toy.

Fiddle sticks, i bet once aloft you would forget everything bar flying.:smile:

wolram said:
Fiddle sticks, i bet once aloft you would forget everything bar flying.:smile:
Yeah, I'd forget everything because I would have passed out.

wolram said:

I want one
Well, I'm impressed. It seemed quite stable. Personally, I'd like a little more wing surface.

I also notice at least two other ready for take off.

I'd prefer the Jet-man's (Yves Rossy) wings though. :biggrin:

Personally, I like living. Somone also made a Jet version...:rolleyes:

Can we say death trap?

Last edited:
Your title misled me about the topic. All pilots 'strap on' their aeroplane. As I've said before, you don't fly a plane; you wear it. This thing is pretty cool, but there's a jet version that Cyrus mentioned, as well as one that's essentially a jet version without the aeroplane as referenced by Ivan and Astro. What it comes down to is that anything that gets you off of the ground is good (well, not landmines...).

Danger said:
Your title misled me about the topic. All pilots 'strap on' their aeroplane. As I've said before, you don't fly a plane; you wear it. This thing is pretty cool, but there's a jet version that Cyrus mentioned, as well as one that's essentially a jet version without the aeroplane as referenced by Ivan and Astro. What it comes down to is that anything that gets you off of the ground is good (well, not landmines...).

Or Kangaroos, would you need a twin rating for such a thing?

Evo said:
Yeah, I'd forget everything because I would have passed out.

Nah, you must have nerves of steel just to get out of bed in the morning. :smile:

I don't have a problem with ultralights, but this thing seems as if a wing could snap off when he did those aerobatics.

wolram said:
Or Kangaroos, would you need a twin rating for such a thing?

For a kangaroo? :confused:

Every country has their own laws regarding licensing. I don't even know if there is such a thing as a multi-engine rating for ultralights.

Ivan Seeking said:
I'm thinking Jet-man wings

Plus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVrlA3-f29g&eurl=
Yeah - that's the dude. I'd do that in a heartbeat! :biggrin:

I thought about that this afternoon while flying from NY to ATL. I was just imagining diving through some of those high cumulonimbus clouds. :tongue2:

I need to do some high altitude skydiving. :tongue2::tongue:

Astronuc said:
Yeah - that's the dude. I'd do that in a heartbeat! :biggrin:

But what about the second video? Are you ready for take-offs and landings?

I was just imagining diving through some of those high cumulonimbus clouds. :tongue2:

These are the adventures of Supernuc!

Ivan Seeking said:
But what about the second video? Are you ready for take-offs and landings?
Reminds me of Robocop! :rofl:

But he (Jean-Yves Blondeau) should not be on the sidewalk. He should be on the street - with the traffic. :biggrin:

1. How do I choose the right airplane harness for my needs?

It is important to consider the type of aircraft you will be flying, as well as your body size and weight. Look for harnesses that are adjustable and have a comfortable fit. It is also important to consider the level of support and padding the harness provides.

2. Are there any safety regulations I should be aware of when purchasing an airplane harness?

Yes, there are safety regulations set by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) that must be followed when using an airplane harness. These regulations include proper installation and usage of the harness, as well as regular inspections to ensure it is in good condition.

3. Can I install an airplane harness myself, or do I need a professional?

It is recommended to have a professional install the harness for you, as it requires specific knowledge and expertise. If the harness is not installed properly, it can compromise your safety during a flight.

4. How do I maintain and care for my airplane harness?

It is important to regularly inspect your harness for any damages or wear and tear. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and storing the harness. If any parts become damaged or worn out, they should be replaced immediately to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the harness.

5. Can I use an airplane harness on any type of aircraft?

No, it is important to check the compatibility of the harness with the specific type of aircraft you will be flying. Some harnesses are designed for specific aircraft models and may not be suitable for others.