Exhausted After Passing Thesis Defense, Accepting PhD & Celebrating!

• Thread starter Pythagorean
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thesis
In summary, the person had a busy and eventful month in November, which included being accepted into a theoretical neuro institute for a PhD, getting married, and celebrating a birthday. They are exhausted but received multiple congratulations and well wishes from others. Overall, November 2012 was a great month for them.
Pythagorean
Gold Member
And accepted to theoretical neuro institute for phd! And got married and had a birthday all in the last month! I'm exhausted!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yay! Congrats! Congrats! And Happy Birthday!

Woot! Congratulations, congratulations and best wishes to your wife, and happy birthday! Well done!

Sounds like a lot, congratulations!

Pythagorean said:
And accepted to theoretical neuro institute for phd! And got married and had a birthday all in the last month! I'm exhausted!

Wow. Accepted into phd, had a birthday, thanksgiving (self-included b.c. I love the holiday), and got married? Sounds to me like November 2012 was the best month of your life.

Congratulations on all!

Sounds like a happy brain to me. Keep going strong.

Congrats Pythagorean! :D

Wonderful!11! Congratulations!111! :approve:

Congrats! Time to enjoy!

Congrats!

Congratz! man!

Congrats!

Congratulations, Pythagorean!

Well done, Pyth! Congratulations and happy birthday!

1. Why do many people feel exhausted after passing their thesis defense and accepting their PhD?

Passing a thesis defense and accepting a PhD is a major milestone in a scientist's academic career. The process leading up to this point often involves years of hard work, long hours, and intense focus. This can be physically and mentally draining, leaving individuals feeling exhausted once it is all over.

2. Is it normal to feel exhausted after such a big accomplishment?

Yes, it is completely normal to feel exhausted after passing a thesis defense and accepting a PhD. The emotional and mental strain of this process can take a toll on individuals, and it is important to take time to rest and recuperate after such a major achievement.

3. How can scientists overcome this exhaustion and celebrate their success?

One way to overcome exhaustion and celebrate this accomplishment is to take a break and do something enjoyable or relaxing. This can help recharge the mind and body. Additionally, planning a celebration with friends and family can provide a sense of closure and recognition for the hard work that went into earning the PhD.

4. Are there any long-term effects of feeling exhausted after passing a thesis defense and accepting a PhD?

Feeling exhausted after such a significant achievement is typically a short-term effect and should resolve with rest and self-care. However, if the exhaustion persists, it may be a sign of burnout and it may be important to seek support from a therapist or counselor.

5. What advice can you give to help scientists manage their exhaustion during this process?

It is important for scientists to prioritize self-care throughout the process of earning a PhD. This includes taking breaks, getting enough rest, and engaging in activities that bring joy and relaxation. It can also be helpful to set realistic expectations and boundaries for work and to ask for support from peers, mentors, and loved ones when needed.