Urgent PCB Scheme Drawing | Get Help Now

In summary: As I said before, you need to look at what you want to achieve with the PCB. If you just want to get it working, then a breadboard prototype is a much better option. If you need to design a PCB for mass production, then you need to consider all the other issues that Warren brought up.In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help with designing a printed circuit board. They mention needing it urgently and wanting to make a real circuit. However, other engineers point out that designing a PCB takes time and skill, and suggest alternative options such as using a kit power supply or prototyping on a breadboard first. They also recommend researching and learning about PCB layout before attempting it.
Locha
Hey Folks,
Can someone please draw me this circuit to a scheme for drawing it on a pcb maker ? I need it urgently, so please help

Regards & Respect

Attachments

• pcb.jpg
    pcb.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 490
Engineering news on Phys.org
What exactly are you asking for? You want help with floorplanning this circuit?

Bro,

I need the circuit drawn in a way to replace the devices to a designed circuit ready to be done on a pcb maker ... i mean, to make a real circuit , i want to make the scheme... Please Help ... I need it urgently

Respect

So it sounds like you want to do the PCB layout for this circuit, so that you can make a working version? In that case, you need to get some PCB layout software package like OrCAD or Allegro or P-CAD, and do the layout. I doubt that anyone on PF will do it for you. There are some free layout software packages, but I'm not familiar them. I have some friends who have used free layout packages provided by some PCB fab houses (that's how those houses get your business), and it has worked fairly well for simple PCBs like your voltage regulator board. Check out this list at Circuit Cellar Magazine's website:

http://www.circuitcellar.com/suppliers%5Fdir/circuitboards.asp

You might also look through some of the books and other resources at that website for info on how to do a PCB layout. Or search Amazon.com for books for beginners on PCB Layout.

EDIT -- Another engineer that I work with recommends the free version of Eagle layout software: http://www.cadsoftusa.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have the layout in my head, if I only could transfer it to the pcb maker.

Either way, the schematic itself doesn't have enough information to do a layout anyway. You'd also need to provide a bill of materials indicating the packages of each component.

And no, no one on PF is going to spend several complete days laying out a PCB for someone they've never met... for free.

- Warren

it doesn't need that time bro, it just needs someone to know how to draw it and put the wholes where the component should be putted . Can someone please just draw it on a paper and i'll work on it on a simulator ? Please

Respect

Designing a decent PCB for a board with two dozen components will take at least two days. In industry, an entire week would probably be allocated to it. And I have no idea what you're talking about with the "simulator." You don't simulate PCBs, generally...

I have no idea why you're trying to make a PCB layout for this board, but you are unfortunately in well over your head. Your best bet would be to call a contractor and have him/her lay it out for you, for a cost.

- Warren

Locha, you might consider getting a kit power supply to get you started. You'll be able to see how the parts are put down on the PCB, and that will help you start to learn how to lay out circuit boards. Here's one kit power supply that is close to the one you show above:

http://www.transeltech.com/kits/ebps-4p.html

And I still would recommend that you read a book or two on basic PCB layout. I did a quick search at Amazon.com for books on PCB Layout, and got lots of hits:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/re...blended&keywords=pcb+layout&tag=pfamazon01-20

Locha said:
Hey Folks,
Can someone please draw me this circuit to a scheme for drawing it on a pcb maker ? I need it urgently, so please help

Regards & Respect
Locha,

I doubt there's anyone with the time or inclination to do this for a stranger.

If you use a Linux machine, you can download gEDA and spend a few hours learning how to draw schematics and lay out PCBs. Since you've already got a schematic, that's part of the work done. The layout however, is what takes the chunk of the time. If you're going to be laying out more boards in the future, this is probably a skill you want to develop anyway.

http://www.geda.seul.org/

Edit : Just read the bit about the simulator. Now I'm confused...

Last edited:
i guess that i didnt explain well ... all that am asking is someone to draw the same circuit but istead of putting the symbols of resistance, capacitors, ... keep a blank space and put the wholes where the real components should be soldered

hope someone understood me now

respect

Locha said:
i guess that i didnt explain well ... all that am asking is someone to draw the same circuit but istead of putting the symbols of resistance, capacitors, ... keep a blank space and put the wholes where the real components should be soldered

hope someone understood me now

respect

We all understood you perfectly. You're asking for someone to layout a printed circuit board for you. Keep in mind that the devices do not necessarily have the same size and shape as the symbols on the schematic; in fact, the schematic doesn't even indicate which packages the devices are in. Also, keep in mind that physical features like power and ground planes are not represented on the schematic. Laying out a PCB is a much more challenging task than simply leaving a blank space and putting down holes.

- Warren

Lol man, designing a PCB is not as easy as you think. Routing wires is tricky. There are several other issues like seperating the power, analog and digital signal paths, making optimum sue of filter caps, picking the right pcb material, providing ground planes, component placement geometry etc.

I mean, it takes a long time to design a decent PCB. :)

Something you might consider.. If you're just wanting to test and get a working circuit, you may consider prototyping it on a http://eeshop.unl.edu/proto.html#BREAD , it allows you to experiment with placement of your components.

I would recommend trying out just a section of your power supply (such as one 24v supply) initially, once you get that working, the other ones are quite similar.

Another software option is EagleCAD. I haven't used it extensively, but it seems relatively simple to use, compared to some of the simulations software like SystemVision or PSpice. (I realize that's comparing apples to oranges, but I'm only talking about ease of use.)

another choice

Locha,

as you seem quite new in the field, my suggestion is trying a very user-friendly PCB design tool like Diptrace. There's a free version available on their site. You'll find the tutorial really helpful and measy-to-follow.

Enjoy!

1. What is a PCB scheme?

A PCB scheme, also known as a printed circuit board scheme, is a diagram that outlines the layout and connections of electronic components on a printed circuit board.

2. Why is it important to draw a PCB scheme?

Drawing a PCB scheme is important because it helps visualize the layout of electronic components, ensuring that they are connected correctly and efficiently. It also aids in troubleshooting and making modifications during the design process.

3. How do I draw a PCB scheme?

There are various software programs available for drawing PCB schemes, such as Altium, Eagle, and KiCad. These programs have tools and features specifically designed for creating accurate and professional-looking PCB schemes. Alternatively, you can also hand-draw a PCB scheme using a ruler and specialized pens.

4. Can I get help with drawing a PCB scheme urgently?

Yes, there are many resources available for getting help with drawing a PCB scheme urgently. You can seek assistance from online forums and communities, hire a professional PCB designer, or reach out to the customer support teams of PCB design software companies.

5. What information should be included in a PCB scheme?

A PCB scheme should include the layout and connections of all electronic components, their values, reference designators, and any specific instructions for assembly. It should also include information about the board size, layers, and any design rules or constraints.