Microshogi: Fun & Interesting Game for Coffee Breaks!

• Thread starter Helios
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, Microshogi is a fun and interesting game that is ideal for a coffee break. It originated from the idea of color-coding the pieces, which improves their recognizability. The game uses a 5 color scheme similar to that of the New Paradigm Daleks. It also features a squad of remarkable super-soldiers as the smallest military unit. Other examples of color-coded squads can be found in popular media, such as the Power Rangers, the New Paradigm Daleks, and the priesthood in the movie "Beneath the Planet of the Apes".
Helios
I came across this very fun and interesting game called Microshogi. I will not describe the rules because they're here on wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_shogi

I advise not using Japanese characters or pentagonal pieces. Just make rectangle pieces, use english letters and use a circumflex over the letters. I originated the idea of color-coding the pieces. This really improves the recognizability of the pieces. I employed the 5 color scheme of the New Paradigm Daleks.
So much fun! I can win in one minute. Games don't last too long -- ideal for a coffee break. I want this game to be more widely known. People are missing out.

Attachments

• ms8.jpg
    ms8.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 486
Physics news on Phys.org
You're right I haven't heard of microshogi until I dropped by this thread. The game looks fun and is indeed ideal for a coffee break.

Thanks jmneutr0nn3 for your interest. In Chess, one commands an army. In Microshogi, one commands a squad of remarkable super-soldiers. The squad is the smallest military unit.
For this reason, I want to know more examples of squads that come in fives and are color-coded. There are the Power Rangers. There are the New Paradigm Daleks. There is the priesthood in the movie "Beneath the Planet of the Apes".

I find it fascinating that a simple game like Microshogi can be so enjoyable and engaging. It is interesting to see how the creator has made improvements to the traditional game by using color-coding and English letters, making it more accessible to a wider audience. This shows the importance of constantly evolving and adapting ideas to make them more appealing and user-friendly.

Furthermore, the fact that games can be completed in just one minute is intriguing. It highlights the fast-paced nature of this game and its suitability for short breaks, such as a coffee break. This is a great way to take a break from work and stimulate the mind in a fun and enjoyable way.

I agree that more people should be aware of this game and its potential for entertainment and mental stimulation. It is always exciting to discover new games and activities that can enhance our cognitive abilities. I encourage others to give Microshogi a try and see for themselves the benefits of this fun and interesting game.

1. What is Microshogi?

Microshogi is a strategic board game that originated in Japan. It is a smaller version of the traditional shogi game and is designed to be played in a shorter amount of time.

2. How is Microshogi played?

To play Microshogi, each player starts with a set of pieces that includes a king, rook, bishop, gold general, silver general, knight, lance, and pawns. The objective is to capture the opponent's king by using your pieces to attack and defend on a 5x5 board.

3. What makes Microshogi different from other board games?

Microshogi has a unique set of rules and pieces that make it different from other board games. The smaller board size and simplified rules make it a great game for quick coffee breaks or on-the-go play.

4. Who can play Microshogi?

Microshogi can be played by anyone, regardless of age or skill level. The rules are easy to learn, but the game still offers a challenge for experienced players.

5. Where can I find a Microshogi set?

You can find Microshogi sets at most game stores or online retailers. Additionally, there are many websites and apps that offer virtual versions of the game.