Fermat's Last Supper: Recipes for N-Dimensional HyperSpace

• Thread starter heavyrocks
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a unique restaurant in n-dimensional hyperspace, with a menu featuring cleverly named dishes such as Tesseract of Lamb and Dedekind Cutlets. The conversation also included suggestions for refreshments and side dishes, such as Space Cocktails and Infi-Nut. There was also a discussion about the playfulness of the thread and suggestions for more food items, including Menger Sponge Cake and Fibonachos.
heavyrocks
I'm starting a restaurant in n-dimensional hyperspace and need some good ideas for recipes. Here's the menu so far:

Entrees (also available a la Descartes):
Tesseract of Lamb
Angstromboli
Minkowski Sausage
Split Peano Soup
Dedekind Cutlets

Sides:
Borromean Onion Rings

Deserts:
Sconic Sections (slices of scones)
Koch Snowcones
Graham's Cracker (an extremely large, but finite cracker; if you finish it in one go, it's on the house)

Ingredients:
Boolean Cubes
Creme Frege

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Funny!

Not sure if you're trying to make us laugh but are you really starting a REAL restaurant with these oddly-named menu dishes?

If you start it for real, then it will be my favourite restaurant. :rofl:

adjacent said:
If you start it for real, then it will be my favourite restaurant. :rofl:

And then this restaurant would become popular for its odd but exquisite dishes that can't be found in most restaurants.

I'll have the Moebius striploin.

I'll have apple pi for dessert, please. :tongue2:

Roast bohr, please.

jmneutr0nn3 said:
Not sure if you're trying to make us laugh but are you really starting a REAL restaurant with these oddly-named menu dishes?

Mebbe call it, "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe". (h/t Douglas Adams)

The Menu seems to be lacking in refreshments.

How about, 'All Refreshments served in Klein Bottles'

Seriously, what is Dedekind Cutlets? I couldn't find it in Google results. That name is too unique for a food menu.

jmneutr0nn3 said:
Seriously, what is Dedekind Cutlets? I couldn't find it in Google results. That name is too unique for a food menu.
It's a play on "Dedekind cut", very clever.

https://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Dedekind_cut.html

You do realize that this thread is just for fun?

Evo said:
It's a play on "Dedekind cut", very clever.

https://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Dedekind_cut.html

You do realize that this thread is just for fun?

Ooo... I forgot that this is not a serious thread. Forgive me.
Anyway, regarding refreshments, I'd like to add Space Cocktails. How's that for a beverage menu?

jmneutr0nn3 said:
Ooo... I forgot that this is not a serious thread. Forgive me.
Anyway, regarding refreshments, I'd like to add Space Cocktails. How's that for a beverage menu?
Very nice!

no p-brane soup?

All the drinks would need to be named as variations of "gin and tonic"

Pythagorean said:
no p-brane soup?

Ew... I don't know which turns me off more, the "p" or the "branes". :yuck:

How about some side dishes that's perfect match for hard drinks? Roasted Infi-Nut, for example.

Menger Sponge Cake and Ordered Pears

I would suggest loops of spaghetti, but that's knot food. :rofl:

Fibonachos.

Last edited:

1. What is Fermat's Last Supper: Recipes for N-Dimensional HyperSpace?

Fermat's Last Supper: Recipes for N-Dimensional HyperSpace is a scientific book written by renowned mathematician and physicist Pierre de Fermat. It explores the concept of n-dimensional hyperspace and its potential applications in the culinary world.

2. Who is Pierre de Fermat?

Pierre de Fermat was a French mathematician and physicist who lived in the 17th century. He is best known for his contributions to number theory, probability, and analytical geometry. His famous theorem, known as Fermat's Last Theorem, remained unsolved for over 350 years until it was finally proven in the 1990s.

3. What is n-dimensional hyperspace?

N-dimensional hyperspace is a mathematical concept that extends the traditional three dimensions of length, width, and height into higher dimensions. It is often used in theoretical physics and computer science to describe the possible dimensions beyond our three-dimensional universe.

4. How does Fermat's Last Supper relate to n-dimensional hyperspace?

In Fermat's Last Supper: Recipes for N-Dimensional HyperSpace, Pierre de Fermat applies his mathematical expertise to explore the potential of n-dimensional hyperspace in the culinary world. He presents recipes and techniques for cooking in higher dimensions, offering a unique and imaginative approach to cuisine.

5. Is Fermat's Last Supper: Recipes for N-Dimensional HyperSpace suitable for non-scientists?

While the book does delve into complex mathematical concepts, it is written in a way that is accessible to non-scientists. Readers with an interest in both mathematics and cooking will find the book engaging and thought-provoking. However, a basic understanding of mathematical concepts and terminology may be helpful in fully understanding and appreciating the content.

Back