Laser through optic fiber - out before through

In summary, the conversation is about a phenomenon in which light is passed through a fiber optic cable and exits at the same time it enters. This is achieved by a reversal of the photon's path, resulting in an equilibrium of energy transfer. The poster saw this reported on a news website about a year ago but is unsure if it involved iridium coating. The conversation also touches on the possibility of freezing light and the skepticism of some participants.
condonethis
looking for information about phenomena when light through fiber out before through and photon reverses at exit time to negate entering photon leading to equilibrium of energy transfer. think it was coated with iridium or something. not sure. saw it reported on shortnews.com about a year or so ago.

:rolleyes:

thanks!
CondoneThis

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Condonethis.
Unfortunately, I think that there is a serious language barrier here. Your post makes no sense. Can you try to reword it?

I think he's saying:

I am looking for information about the phenomenon in which a photon is passed through a fiber and it exits at a time earlier than it actually enters the fiber. In this case, the photon reverses (through time) to negotiate with the same photon entering leading to "equilibrium of energy transfer".

Barely decipherable.

light was transmitted through a fiber optic cable and left the cable the instant it entered. after exiting the light wave enters and travels 50% of cable while simultaneously an opposing "reverse" light traverses the cable to 50% as they diminish into nothing at half the length of the optic wire, whereby conserving energy. hope this helps you help me!

Much clearer. I've heard of this too, something like it anyway.

Ummm, any more information on this? I don't see how this is possible and if it is how it could be old news?

I'm afraid that I've never heard of such a thing. I remember someone 'freezing' light; is this part of the same experiment?

It's a parlor trick of wave interference, nothing more.

What is a laser through optic fiber?

A laser through optic fiber refers to the use of a laser beam to transmit data or information through an optical fiber. The laser beam is guided through the fiber, which acts as a medium for the transmission of light.

How does a laser through optic fiber work?

A laser through optic fiber works by using a laser source to produce a concentrated beam of light. This beam is then directed into the core of the fiber, which is made of a highly reflective material. As the light travels through the fiber, it bounces off the inner walls, maintaining its intensity and direction, until it reaches the other end.

What are the advantages of using a laser through optic fiber?

There are several advantages to using a laser through optic fiber, including high data transmission speeds, low signal loss, and long-distance communication capabilities. Additionally, optic fibers are immune to electromagnetic interference and can transmit multiple signals at the same time.

What is the difference between "out before through" and "through before out" in laser through optic fiber?

"Out before through" and "through before out" refer to the direction of the laser beam in relation to the fiber. In "out before through," the laser beam exits the fiber before it travels through it, while in "through before out," the laser beam travels through the fiber before exiting it. These terms are often used to describe different types of fiber optic cables.

Can a laser through optic fiber be used for medical purposes?

Yes, laser through optic fiber technology has many medical applications, including laser surgery, laser therapy, and laser imaging. The precise and controlled delivery of laser energy through optic fibers allows for minimally invasive procedures, making it a valuable tool in the medical field.