Register to reply

Off to the APS March Meeting!

by Jack21222
Tags: march, meeting
Share this thread:
Jack21222
Feb25-12, 08:42 PM
P: 772
Is anybody else going? This is the first large conference I've ever been to. I'm leaving my house at 4:15am tomorrow morning and coming back next Saturday evening; taking a train both ways.

Is there anything fun to do around Boston I should keep an eye out for?

My trip has a dual purpose too. I was just accepted to the physics grad program at Northeastern University, so I am visiting them next week as well to check out the place.

I almost never leave my hometown, so this is rather exciting!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
World's largest solar boat on Greek prehistoric mission
Google searches hold key to future market crashes
Mineral magic? Common mineral capable of making and breaking bonds
jtbell
Feb25-12, 09:07 PM
Mentor
P: 11,619
Quote Quote by Jack21222 View Post
Is there anything fun to do around Boston I should keep an eye out for?
Depends on your definition of "fun," of course. I'd probably try to go to a Boston Symphony concert. Hmmm... Friday night at 7: Berlioz's Symphonie fantastique and Ravel's Piano Concerto in G.
Gokul43201
Feb25-12, 09:26 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
This'll be my first missed March Meeting in a while. It's easy to not make the best of a big conference like the March Meeting. Don't try to attend all the 10 minute talks in a gazillion different sessions. Instead concentrate only on a few sessions close to your line of work, and spend the rest of the time at invited talks, or talking to people.

There's plenty of fun stuff to do around Boston - what you might want to do depends on your interests. You're not a long walk to Little Italy in the North End (from the Conv Center) - you should head over there for a nice dinner one day. You should also head to South Station and take the red line T to Harvard Square one of the days.

Register to reply