I'm Failing a Math Test Tomorrow

In summary, if you want to fall asleep quickly, reading a boring book is a good way to do it. If you want to be able to stay awake while reading, put on an audio book and close your eyes. If you're trying to fight off a cold or the flu, taking sleeping pills is a good way to go.
Blahness
I'm going to fail a math test tomorrow, all because I'm nocturnal.

Any help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Fight Club?

Read a boring book, works for me all the time.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Read a boring book, works for me all the time.
Any suggestions? I have a book called "Implementing the ISO 9000 Series" that can guarantee a comatose-like sleep within three minutes. :biggrin:

Reading most of recent threads in GD is also good help!:uhh:

I can read anything, no matter how boring, and stick to it.

Habit I formed for certain reasons at a young age.

And "Fight Club" = ?

Blahness said:
I can read anything, no matter how boring, and stick to it.

Habit I formed for certain reasons at a young age.

And "Fight Club" = ?

You've never seen Fight Club? Aw, you're missing out.

Math Is Hard said:
Any suggestions? I have a book called "Implementing the ISO 9000 Series" that can guarantee a comatose-like sleep within three minutes. :biggrin:
omg that sounds perfect, I wouldn't last a sentance lol. Any read for me at night will generally get me sleepy. It gets really annoying when I'm enjoying a book and want to read, but my eyes get so heavy and I succumb to evil need to sleep. Also make sure you read in bed, are all ready to goto bed and have the light on low if you can.

Last edited:
Blahness said:
And "Fight Club" = ?
Maybe he meant you should join one. Get a good head trauma going and you should be able to sleep no trouble.

Blahness said:
I'm going to fail a math test tomorrow, all because I'm nocturnal.
Any help?

Read War and Peace, and drink lots of milk.

The_Professional said:
Read War and Peace, and drink lots of milk.
Essence of turkey, tryptophan, used to come in pill form. Do they still make this?
Thanksgiving turkey is one of the most powerful, pleasant soporifics in the world.

Ambien or hydrocodone usually do it for me. Failing that, a dose of most antihistamines, notably diphenhydramine, will knock me out. Failing that, a couple of chocolate cake shots (half vodka, half Frangelico, chased with a sugar-coated lemon wedge) will usually make me sleepy in an hour or so.

- Warren

franznietzsche said:
Fight Club?
That actually works (up to a point). Had a pretty good "sparring" session with the boys last night. Slept like a baby. (Of course my left arm is a mass of bruises... but it beats getting a broken rib! Good times.)

I overreact to sleep medications.
I already finished War and Peace.
Fighting hurts. X.x'

Exercise, you mean?

zoobyshoe said:
Essence of turkey, tryptophan, used to come in pill form. Do they still make this?
You can find amino acid supplements at GNC and similar places.

honestrosewater said:
You can find amino acid supplements at GNC and similar places.
OK, then, Blahness, you ought to give this a try. A turkey coma is pleasant and gentle.

zoobyshoe said:
OK, then, Blahness, you ought to give this a try. A turkey coma is pleasant and gentle.
Would amino acid supplements seriously work?

How about cold/flu medicines for the night time, aren't they supposed to make you drowsy?

I can read anything and stay awake, but put on an audio book and close my eyes and I'm out in about 5 minutes.
I used to take a bunch of sleeping pills then force myself to stay awake. I'd hallucinate and see little people who looked like gasoline on water. I could even interact with them. I'd hold out my finger and they would grab onto it then I could swing them back and forth.

chroot said:
Ambien or hydrocodone usually do it for me. Failing that, a dose of most antihistamines, notably diphenhydramine, will knock me out. Failing that, a couple of chocolate cake shots (half vodka, half Frangelico, chased with a sugar-coated lemon wedge) will usually make me sleepy in an hour or so.

- Warren

:bugeye:

You aren't saying to drink alcohol while on sleep aids are you? :bugeye: :eek:

Oops, actually, I didn't mean to combine all those drugs together! I simply meant that if I don't have the first on the list, I go for the second, and so on.

- Warren

1. What are some tips for studying and preparing for a math test?

Some helpful tips for studying and preparing for a math test include reviewing class notes and materials, practicing with previous assignments and quizzes, seeking help from a tutor or teacher, and creating study guides or flashcards.

2. How can I manage test anxiety when preparing for a math test?

To manage test anxiety when preparing for a math test, it can be helpful to take breaks while studying, get enough rest and exercise, practice deep breathing or other relaxation techniques, and remind yourself that it's okay to make mistakes.

3. What should I do if I don't understand a concept on the math test?

If you come across a concept on the math test that you don't understand, don't panic. First, try to break down the problem and identify where you're struggling. Then, seek help from your teacher or a classmate, or refer back to your notes or textbook for clarification.

4. Is it better to study alone or in a group for a math test?

The answer to this question depends on personal preference and learning style. Some people may benefit from studying alone, while others may find it helpful to study with a group and discuss concepts and problems together. It's important to find what works best for you.

5. How can I improve my math skills in general?

To improve your math skills in general, it's important to practice regularly, seek help when needed, and have a positive attitude towards math. You can also try using online resources or apps, joining a math club or study group, and setting achievable goals for yourself.