What are the essential equations for projectile motion and other physics topics?

• Thread starter eggboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Final
In summary, the individual is in a desperate situation as their teacher lost the equation cards for their final exam. They are seeking help in identifying the essential equations for projectile motion, torque, simple harmonic motion, waves, fluid statics, lenses/mirrors and diffraction, magnetism, and gravitation. They offer a lifetime of thanks for any assistance and mention a website that may have the equations. Another individual suggests working through projectile motion questions from first principles and provides three useful kinematic equations. It is also mentioned that one should know all the required formulae by heart. The individual acknowledges not having studied enough for the final and others offer additional resources for equations. Ultimately, it is suggested to relax and enjoy life instead of stressing.
eggboy
I need some help desparately. My teacher allowed us to bring cards to the final with some equations, only my dumbass teacher lost it so I'm screwed atm. I need to know the essential equations for projectile motion (there's 6 I believe) and the ones for:

- Torque
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Waves
- Fluid Statics
- Lenses/Mirros and Diffraction
- Magnetism
- Waves
- Gravitation

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't have much to offer except a lifetime worth of thanks. Please help as I am in a very desparate situation at the moment. Cheers.

Physics news on Phys.org
I never memorise any equations for projectile motion, it is better to work through them from first principles. That way you can always do it. You can solve all project motion questions applying basic physics principles, however, three useful kinematic equations to remember are;

[tex]v = u + at[/tex]

[tex]s = ut + \frac{1}{2}at^2[/tex]

[tex]v^2 = u^2 + 2as[/tex]

As for all the others, you should know all the required formulae off by heart. It sounds to me as if someone has not studied for their final.

Try wikipedia or http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/ or something of the kind...

However, I think your case is a bit hopeless if you discover that on the evening of a final, you know. Rather have a beer and enjoy life :biggrin:

Ah thanks a lot guys. And yes, hoote, you are somewhat correct. I have studied the methods for solving, just never got around to memorizing the equations or remembering which ones to use lol. Cheers everyone! (Thanks for that link btw, VERY good link)

1. What can I do to prepare for my final tomorrow?

To prepare for your final tomorrow, it is important to review all of your class notes, textbooks, and any study guides provided by your professor. Make sure you understand the main concepts and can apply them to different scenarios. Also, try to practice with past exams or create your own practice questions to test your knowledge.

2. How long should I study for my final tomorrow?

The amount of time you should spend studying for your final tomorrow depends on your individual learning style and the difficulty of the material. However, a good rule of thumb is to study for at least 2-3 hours for each hour of class time. It is also important to take breaks and get enough rest to avoid burnout.

3. Should I study alone or with a group for my final tomorrow?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and what has worked for you in the past. Some people find it helpful to study in a group to discuss and review material together, while others prefer to study alone to minimize distractions. It may be beneficial to try both methods and see what works best for you.

4. What should I do if I am feeling overwhelmed before my final tomorrow?

If you are feeling overwhelmed before your final tomorrow, it is important to take a step back and prioritize your studying. Focus on the most important concepts and try not to get bogged down by small details. Take breaks when needed and make sure to get enough rest. If you are still feeling overwhelmed, reach out to your professor or a tutor for additional support.

5. Is it possible to do well on my final tomorrow if I haven't studied much?

While it is always best to start studying early and consistently throughout the semester, it is possible to do well on your final tomorrow even if you haven't studied much. Focus on understanding the main concepts and try to make connections between different topics. It is also important to stay calm and confident during the exam, and not let any anxiety or stress hinder your performance.