My Last Supper: A Taste of the World

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: I think that just about does it for me. :biggrin:In summary, the conversation was about what each person would want for their last meal. Some mentioned specific dishes, while others had a variety of options. Some mentioned indulging in a large meal, while others preferred a simpler meal. There were also some humorous suggestions and a discussion about the ethics of executing prisoners. Overall, there was a mix of preferences and ideas for a last meal.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you were down to your last meal and you could have anything that you wanted to eat, what would it be?

For me, I think it would be tripe tacos with tons of chips and salsa [heavy on the cilantro], followed by chocolate macadamia nut cake, and vanilla ice cream.

Tsu and I really got into nice restaurants for a while, but the tripe tacos that I got from a little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant in E Los Angeles were the best! [I think I'm craving tripe tacos]

I would probably pick the Indonesian dinner that we had in Amsterdam, but I have no idea what we ate. :uhh:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Honestly I don't know what I would want, it's not like I have a favourite dish or anything. Maybe a fancy shepard's pie would do for me.

If it's my last meal, I'm going to make it a big meal, just make sure I die before I start vomiting.

Salad course: Meh, just skip it, if it's my last meal, I'm not going to be healthy!
Soup course: Thick, your spoon stands up in it, New England Clam Chowder.
Appetizer: Fresh sashimi.
Main dish: Surf and turf. Steamed-to-perfection Maine lobster, with lots of melted butter, and a melt-in-your mouth, rare, just barely passed under the broiler, filet mignon.
On the side: thick cut french fries, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and splashed with malt vinegar.
Dessert: Chocolate hazelnut torte and espresso.

Twould have to be a mega fry up,

bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, black pudding, bangers,
fried bread, all cooked to perfection.
Or a medium steak with whisky sauce, followed by bread and buter pudding.
Or muscles in garlic and wine, or soupa de pesk :!)

wolram said:
Twould have to be a mega fry up,

bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, black pudding, bangers,
fried bread, all cooked to perfection.
Or a medium steak with whisky sauce, followed by bread and buter pudding.
Or muscles in garlic and wine, or soupa de pesk :!)
Aw, shucks, it's your last meal, just go for it all! :biggrin:

Nah, I wouldn't care that much. It's just your last meal. Uncompareble to what you did with your life. I'd get Outback Steakhouse or McDonald's or something mom used to make.

That's a tough one.

I guess I would go with pizza from Pizza Hut.

Moonbear said:
Aw, shucks, it's your last meal, just go for it all! :biggrin:

I would need a bigger tummy :cry: I hate people that can eat a four course meal :biggrin:

It would half to be my Granny's fried chicken and corn bread. Add some sliced beefsteak tomatos and finnish it off with devilsfood cake.

wolram said:
I would need a bigger tummy :cry: I hate people that can eat a four course meal :biggrin:
It's okay, I'm demanding they kill us before we vomit from a sick tummy. Though, if the portions are sized right, you can eat a 4 or 5 course meal easily.

JasonRox said:
That's a tough one.

I guess I would go with pizza from Pizza Hut.
i agree...

If I had time to follow through on it, I'd opt to eat out at the 'Y'.

All of the above and more, and I would make it a very long meal - 10 courses/day * 365 days/yr * 50 years - that should do it. Now I just need 182500 recipes. :biggrin:

Can we rest during courses?

Assuming you get to finnish your last meal you should make the meal infinite courses long. That way you'll live for ever.

Moonbear said:
I'm demanding they kill us before we vomit from a sick tummy.

In that case I suggest topping things off with a course of blowfish from a cheap restaurant.

it would depend on my craving near the time of death.

A couple probable choices:

prime rib steak and eggs with portabella (or ****ake) mushrooms, mashed potatoes gravy.

veal parmesian, french cut beans, and cheesecake

several kinds of sushi and sushimi, from sweet shrimp to smoked eel to sea urchin.

human tenderloins (i hear human tastes like pork) They'd have to be from somewhere that didn't have fast food or some other measly diet. Served with monkey brains.

edit: that's shi-take mushrooms

I would want a table laid out with everything on it, then i would be sat in a wheely chair and i could just scoot along and eat whatever :P

Maybe the table would be laid out in Hilberts Hotel, with a seat for everyone of the guests of course.

Why waste the last moments of your life eating? I'd rather be doing other things! :blushing:

Drinking from the furry cup?

Pythagorean said:
human tenderloins (i hear human tastes like pork) They'd have to be from somewhere that didn't have fast food or some other measly diet. Served with monkey brains.

I think we can safely say your on death row for a very good reason with that meal choice :smile:

I'd have two slices of toast with a bottle of bourbon sandwiched in between, more humane if your executed whilst anaesthatised surely?:approve:

Ok no seriously I'd have bowl of oxtail soup, a lasagne, followed by a large piece of strawberry cheesecake with a pot of Asam tea.

Moonbear said:
Salad course: Meh, just skip it, if it's my last meal, I'm not going to be healthy!
Soup course: Thick, your spoon stands up in it, New England Clam Chowder.
Appetizer: Fresh sashimi.
Main dish: Surf and turf. Steamed-to-perfection Maine lobster, with lots of melted butter, and a melt-in-your mouth, rare, just barely passed under the broiler, filet mignon.
On the side: thick cut french fries, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and splashed with malt vinegar.
Dessert: Chocolate hazelnut torte and espresso.
I'll have what the lady's having! In fact, I have had almost EXACTLY what the lady's having several times, with the exception of the sashimi (which is typically never offered in Maine restaurants with Surf&Turf menus) and with the substitution of grasshopper pie for the torte. I would like to specify that the lobster should be steamed in seaweed over wood coals with some fresh sweet corn on the cob (!) and the filet should be seared (but very rare) on a charcoal grill. One of the suppliers that my company dealt with in the 80's used to put on a get-together every summer with this kind of menu. We played softball, volleyball, etc before the meal - nobody could move after the meal, except to take a little walk and let things settle in hopes of fitting in a few extra shrimp or some more dessert. :tongue2:

3trQN said:
Drinking from the furry cup?
Exactly what I was alluding to, but I guess that Salty Dog is the only other one here familiar with that euphamism. :redface:

Danger said:
Exactly what I was alluding to, but I guess that Salty Dog is the only other one here familiar with that euphamism. :redface:

aw c'mon man, this is your last meal we're talking about. All that sounds like an aweful lot of work.

work is sometimes full of its little pleasures

Whaddaya mean, little pleasures? :grumpy:

Oh, oh... we haven't dated, have we? :uhh:

Well its like an unwritten 11th commandment:
"If tho gives and works hard tho shall receive and get enjoyment"

(No we haven't dated not that I know of anyway... I am probably on the opposite side of the world)

What happened there I am sure I only posted it once!

I am the technologically impaired

I pardon your redundancy, because it just happened to me in the other thread.

That makes me feel better I am not the only one this happened too!

You might want to check the copyright on that phrase before you bandy it about. Isn't it the title of Hillary Clinton's autobiography?

Probably but I wouldn't know I don't read books about her I am not an american

Welcome to that club...

Which club is that? non american?

Aye, lass... Canuk through-and-through...

<h2>1. What is "My Last Supper: A Taste of the World"?</h2><p>"My Last Supper: A Taste of the World" is a scientific experiment that aims to understand the cultural and personal significance of food by exploring the final meal choices of people from different backgrounds and cultures.</p><h2>2. How was the data collected for this experiment?</h2><p>The data was collected through interviews with individuals from various countries and backgrounds, as well as through research on historical and cultural traditions surrounding final meals.</p><h2>3. What were some common themes or patterns found in the final meal choices?</h2><p>Some common themes that emerged were the importance of comfort foods, cultural and familial traditions, and personal preferences. Many individuals also chose foods that held sentimental value or reminded them of happy memories.</p><h2>4. What is the significance of this experiment?</h2><p>This experiment sheds light on the cultural and emotional connections we have with food, and how it can serve as a reflection of our identities and experiences. It also highlights the universality of food and its ability to bring people together.</p><h2>5. How can this information be applied in the scientific community?</h2><p>The findings from this experiment can be used to inform further research on the cultural and psychological aspects of food, as well as provide insight into how food choices may be influenced by personal and cultural factors. This information can also be applied in the fields of psychology, sociology, and anthropology.</p>

1. What is "My Last Supper: A Taste of the World"?

"My Last Supper: A Taste of the World" is a scientific experiment that aims to understand the cultural and personal significance of food by exploring the final meal choices of people from different backgrounds and cultures.

2. How was the data collected for this experiment?

The data was collected through interviews with individuals from various countries and backgrounds, as well as through research on historical and cultural traditions surrounding final meals.

3. What were some common themes or patterns found in the final meal choices?

Some common themes that emerged were the importance of comfort foods, cultural and familial traditions, and personal preferences. Many individuals also chose foods that held sentimental value or reminded them of happy memories.

4. What is the significance of this experiment?

This experiment sheds light on the cultural and emotional connections we have with food, and how it can serve as a reflection of our identities and experiences. It also highlights the universality of food and its ability to bring people together.

5. How can this information be applied in the scientific community?

The findings from this experiment can be used to inform further research on the cultural and psychological aspects of food, as well as provide insight into how food choices may be influenced by personal and cultural factors. This information can also be applied in the fields of psychology, sociology, and anthropology.