Locating SCSI Adapters during Windows NT 4.0 Server Installation

In summary, to locate a SCSI adapter installed on a server, you need to install the necessary drivers. This can be done by opening the computer, inserting the card, and booting Windows. If the card is not recognized, you can manually download the drivers from the manufacturer's website.
UrbanXrisis
What if a server has a SCSI adapter installed, how will Windows NT locate them?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Do you have the drivers for the scsi card? You should be able to install a scsi card just as install any other card

No I don't have the drivers. Do I need them? Can't the server recognize it on its own?

Can you be a more specific in what your trying to do? Maybe your making things more complicated then they have to be or I just don't understand what your asking.

You open up the computer, put the card in, and boot windows. Then go to add hardware and see if windows finds the card. If it doesn't then you need to go to the manufacturer's website and download the drivers.

Okay, I understand. Thank you.

1. What are the minimum system requirements for installing Windows NT 4.0 Server?

The minimum system requirements for installing Windows NT 4.0 Server are:

• 486 or Pentium processor
  • 16 MB of RAM (24 MB recommended)
  • 420 MB of free hard disk space
  • CD-ROM drive

2. Can I upgrade from a previous version of Windows to Windows NT 4.0 Server?

Yes, you can upgrade from Windows 3.1, Windows 95, or Windows 98 to Windows NT 4.0 Server. However, you cannot upgrade from Windows NT 3.51 or earlier versions of Windows NT.

3. Do I need a product key to install Windows NT 4.0 Server?

Yes, you will need a valid product key to install Windows NT 4.0 Server. You can find the product key on the installation media or in the documentation that came with your copy of Windows NT 4.0 Server.

4. How do I create an installation disk for Windows NT 4.0 Server?

To create an installation disk for Windows NT 4.0 Server, you will need to use the Windows NT 4.0 Server CD and a blank floppy disk. Insert the CD into your computer and open the "Disk1" folder. Then, double-click on the "Makedisk.bat" file and follow the prompts to create the installation disk.

5. Can I install Windows NT 4.0 Server on a virtual machine?

Yes, you can install Windows NT 4.0 Server on a virtual machine. However, you will need to make sure that your virtual machine meets the minimum system requirements and has enough resources allocated to it for the installation to be successful.