Interesting Physics research topics

In summary, the speaker is an International Baccalaureate student who is looking for suggestions on research topics related to physics. They are specifically interested in thermal physics or electromagnetism and have found some interesting past extended essays on topics such as surface tension, resonant circuits, and the role of electromagnetism in modern music. They are also considering writing about the technical differences between fog and regular lights in cars, as it allows for conducting experiments.
Eutrophicati
I'm afraid the template for homework help doesn't quite apply here since my problem is the lack of a problem in itself.

I'm an International Baccalaureate student, and I've decided to do a research topic (about 4000 words) on physics.

I need help with this. I'm looking for suggestions for research topics (something which should be relatively within the abilities of a high school student), preferably (but not restricted to) thermal physics or electromagnetism.

Some good extended essays in the past have included:
How does surface tension vary with temperature?
Resonant circuits
The role of electromagnetism in modern music
The effect of obstacles on wind speed

Physics news on Phys.org
write your paper on the technical differences between fog and regular lights in cars

xcvxcvvc said:
write your paper on the technical differences between fog and regular lights in cars

I find this an interesting idea. It also has scope for me to conduct a few experiments for study.

1. What are some current research topics in quantum physics?

Some current research topics in quantum physics include quantum computing, quantum entanglement, quantum teleportation, and quantum information theory.

2. What are some interesting topics in astrophysics?

Some interesting topics in astrophysics include dark matter and dark energy, the search for extraterrestrial life, and the study of black holes and their properties.

3. Can you recommend any physics research topics related to energy?

Some physics research topics related to energy could include renewable energy sources, energy efficiency, and alternative forms of energy production.

4. What are some emerging research areas in theoretical physics?

Emerging research areas in theoretical physics include quantum gravity, string theory, and the study of complex systems using mathematical models.

5. What are some interesting topics in nanophysics?

Some interesting topics in nanophysics include the behavior of materials at the nanoscale, the development of nanosensors and nanoelectronics, and the potential applications of nanotechnology in medicine and engineering.