Twisted Physics: Top 10 Findings]

In summary, The conversation is about a website containing interesting articles on cutting-edge topics. The original poster is a newbie and is unsure of the accuracy of the content. They ask for comments on the veracity of the article and express interest in item #3. Another user compliments the find and points out a potential inaccuracy in the terminology used in the article. They also mention the concept of heat bending matter, using the example of a bi-metal strip.
MacLaddy
Gold Member
I am still far too much of a newbie to be able to intelligently speak on any of the items listed in this website, but it all seems very interesting.

Will anyone comment on the veracity of this article, and if it's really as "cutting edge" as they make it sound?

I find item #3 particularly interesting.

"[URL
http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/twisted-physics-top-findings-100401.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That is very interesting light being able to bend matter, good article :D

Nice find, MacLaddy.
I think some of the terminology/grammar used in the descriptions are not accurate.
As an example, a bi-metal strip(think thermostat) will bend as the temperature increases(we all know why) but I don't think it would be proper for me to cite that effect and say "heat bends matter"
Maybe I'm being too picky. In any event, nice find!

1. What are some of the top findings in twisted physics?

The top findings in twisted physics include the discovery of new particles such as the Higgs boson, the existence of dark matter and energy, the phenomenon of quantum entanglement, and the theory of relativity.

2. How does twisted physics differ from traditional physics?

Twisted physics, also known as noncommutative geometry, introduces a new way of understanding space and time by considering them as noncommutative structures. This differs from traditional physics, which views space and time as continuous, smooth entities.

3. What are some practical applications of twisted physics?

Twisted physics has potential applications in areas such as quantum computing, high-energy physics, and cosmology. It may also help us better understand the forces and particles of the universe and potentially lead to new technologies.

4. How does twisted physics relate to string theory?

Twisted physics is a branch of mathematics that can be applied to string theory. It provides a framework for understanding the behavior of strings in curved spaces and can help solve some of the mathematical challenges in string theory.

5. What are some current areas of research in twisted physics?

Current research in twisted physics includes studying the effects of noncommutativity on black holes, examining the implications for the early universe, and exploring the relationship between twisted geometry and gauge theories.