Did Jimmy Carter's Grandson Just Announce a Run for Governor in Georgia?

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, Jimmy Carter was president when I was in graduate school. His grandson is running for governor of Georgia in next year's election.
Physics news on Phys.org
Ouch. I also was a young adult when Carter was president.

And we're older than the current president.

I am in my early 60s. Not that old, perhaps, but I feel the aches and pains. I don't gauge my age with presidents - that would be too sad, at times.

I'm 22 going on 23 and I thought I was oldThis thread makes me feel young again thanks

Oh the priceless gift of wisdom gentlemen. There are some things you can know only by living a long time. And of the twenty-something? We all have regrets, to go back and fix them. Well, he's back. Now fix them!

I am old - but I don't feel it. I started grad school late, 30, at the end of LBJ's tenure. And I've been a day late and a dollar short ever since.

I have a troubled hip. One of these days I hope to get a bionic leg. As in a cybernetic leg circa Robocop: having a gun or something right there in my leg. I suppose I don't really need a gun in my leg though. Maybe a leg-telescope would suffice. Or a leg-USB port [OK, that's easy]. Or maybe a leg of logic. Computer-leg?

Technology is improving.

Oh, the waiting game.

In the mean time, I'm hobbling around on all threes. I think that's some sort of solution to the Riddle of the Sphinx. I get it now.

A young couple has a one and two-year old. Moms stays home to take care of them while dad goes out to work. He gets in and mom greets him at the door and they both give each other the same precious, priceless gift. What is it? That gentlemen is what getting old is all about. :)

Astronuc, you know don't you? And where is Integral? I do believe he has some work to do. :)

Last edited:
I'm in my 30's. I expect my 40's be the best years. So far, my late teens and 20's were the best. 30's is full of multiple stressors and tedium.

Caveat said:
I'm 22 going on 23 and I thought I was old

This thread makes me feel young again thanks

Get in the habit of counting your age in hexadecimal and you'll feel a lot younger for a lot longer... You're still in your teens.

Buddhism

Perhaps computer games is a kind of "well of youth" in the sense missions may be accomplished regardless players own physical abilities. Perhaps also the agility of virtual heroes (for instance "Prince of Persia" in that game) is to some extent transmitted to the player - because brain is linked to body and may stimulate corresponding nerves and muscles?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nugatory said:
Get in the habit of counting your age in hexadecimal and you'll feel a lot younger for a lot longer... You're still in your teens.

In that case I'm back to 40! Wait 'til I tell my wife ...

leroyjenkens said:
Imagine how old Jimmy Carter feels.
And he still spends time building houses for the poor.

Nugatory said:

In hexadecimal I'm F-teen. Sweet.

jtbell said:
Jimmy Carter was president when I was in graduate school.

Spiro Agnew was still the Veep when I was first in graduate school! I'd been out of the military for a couple of years by then ...

turbo said:
And he still spends time building houses for the poor.
At least he's still kickin', as opposed to his younger brother.

jtbell said:
Jimmy Carter was president when I was in graduate school. His grandson is running for governor of Georgia in next year's election. :eek:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...s-grandson-to-run-for-georgia-gov/?hpt=hp_bn3

I wasn't old enough to vote for Jimmy Carter the first time. But then, as in later, he was the president, and I was a nuke, on a submarine(not sure how many of you have tried to vote whilst under an undisclosed number of feet of water, but I can assure you, that it was a PITB), and he was a wannaa-b-nuke, and then I voted him for him for real, and he lost, to an actor... hmmm*...

Today has been a good day. :smile:

-----------------------
*much happened between then, and now.

Nugatory said:

lmao yeah

I'm literally going to spend 5-15 minutes everyday staring at the wall so I can slow down time. Then I'll be young foreverrrrr

:D

Caveat said:
lmao yeah

I'm literally going to spend 5-15 minutes everyday staring at the wall so I can slow down time. Then I'll be young foreverrrrr

:D

:biggrin:

1. How old is Jimmy Carter's grandson and is he eligible to run for governor?

Jason Carter, the grandson of former President Jimmy Carter, is 46 years old and meets the age requirement of 30 years old to run for governor in Georgia.

2. What political experience does Jimmy Carter's grandson have?

Jason Carter previously served as a state senator in Georgia from 2010 to 2014. He also ran for governor in 2014 but lost to incumbent Nathan Deal.

3. What are Jason Carter's stances on key issues?

Jason Carter has not officially announced his platform for the gubernatorial race, but in his previous campaign, he focused on issues such as education reform, expanding Medicaid, and criminal justice reform.

4. How does Jason Carter's announcement affect the current governor's race in Georgia?

Jason Carter's announcement adds another potential candidate to the race and may change the dynamic of the election. It also brings attention to the race and could potentially divide the Democratic party's support between him and other candidates.

5. What challenges does Jason Carter face in his run for governor?

As the grandson of a former president, Jason Carter may face scrutiny and comparisons to his grandfather's political legacy. He may also face challenges in fundraising and appealing to a diverse demographic in Georgia.