Computational Physics Machine Problem

In summary, the student is looking for a machine problem which they can solve using programming. They are not sure what kind of machine problem to do, and need some help.
jhosamelly
We need to think of a machine problem which we are going to simulate and solve using fortran programming. Can someone please give me an idea on what machine problem to do? Something easy please coz I don't really have much idea about programming. I only know the basics. Thanks :)

Physics news on Phys.org
jhosamelly said:
We need to think of a machine problem which we are going to simulate and solve using fortran programming. Can someone please give me an idea on what machine problem to do? Something easy please coz I don't really have much idea about programming. I only know the basics. Thanks :)

What kind of machine? Can you please give us the whole text of the assignment?

A problem which we can solve using the numerical methods we've studied. (Derivatives, Integrations, Interpolations.. etc) We will make a program for that problem.

jhosamelly said:

jhosamelly said:
A problem which we can solve using the numerical methods we've studied. (Derivatives, Integrations, Interpolations.. etc) We will make a program for that problem.

That's still not a very helpful reply, IMO. Can you just simulate a playground see-saw? that's a simple machine...

Or should you simulate a robotic arm, with position feedback and optimized movement through servo motors and position sensors? You need to be much more specific please...

jhosamelly said:
Well, what I'm saying is this. We need to make a machine-language programming problem. We will also solve this problem using fortran.

Something like this https://wiki.engr.illinois.edu/display/ece190sp12/Machine+Problem+1 but more on the topics in Physics.

Can you please define "machine-language"? It has a meaning in a programming context, but I get the feeling that you are asking a mechanical engineering machine simulation question.

The assignment in your link is a simple programming problem, and doesn't involve any mechanical machine context. Can you post the full text of your exact assignment?

1. What is Computational Physics Machine Problem?

Computational Physics Machine Problem is a branch of physics that uses computational methods and techniques to solve complex problems in physics. It combines the principles of physics with computer science and mathematics to develop algorithms and simulations to model physical systems and phenomena.

2. What are the main applications of Computational Physics Machine Problem?

The main applications of Computational Physics Machine Problem include studying and predicting the behavior of complex physical systems, analyzing experimental data, simulating natural phenomena, and developing new technologies and materials.

3. What are the benefits of using Computational Physics Machine Problem?

Using Computational Physics Machine Problem allows for more accurate and efficient calculations, the ability to model and analyze complex systems that are difficult or impossible to study in the real world, and the potential to discover new insights and solutions in physics.

4. What are some common tools and techniques used in Computational Physics Machine Problem?

Some common tools and techniques used in Computational Physics Machine Problem include numerical methods, programming languages such as Python and C++, computational software packages like MATLAB and Mathematica, and high-performance computing systems.

5. Are there any limitations or challenges in Computational Physics Machine Problem?

Some limitations and challenges in Computational Physics Machine Problem include the need for specialized knowledge and skills in both physics and computer science, the potential for errors and inaccuracies in simulations, and the high computational costs and time required for complex problems.