Email Notification Settings Not Working - Need Help!

• Thread starter staddum
  • Start date
In summary, the user is experiencing issues with receiving email notifications for new posts in threads they are subscribed to. They have tried changing their account options and manually unsubscribing and resubscribing, but the issue persists. The advice given is to set the option for when they post to "No Email Notification" and eventually the old threads will die off. If any become active again, they can unsubscribe and resubscribe to disable the email option for that thread.
staddum
I'm not sure if this has been reported or talked about already. I did a quick search and didn't find anything so:

Despite having changed my account options (as you can see here: http://img88.imageshack.us/f/semttuloct.jpg/) i keep getting e-mail's whenever some1 posts in a thread I'm subscribed in.

Is this suppose to be like this?

thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
staddum said:
I'm not sure if this has been reported or talked about already. I did a quick search and didn't find anything so:

Despite having changed my account options (as you can see here: http://img88.imageshack.us/f/semttuloct.jpg/) i keep getting e-mail's whenever some1 posts in a thread I'm subscribed in.

Is this suppose to be like this?

thanks in advance.
Try setting to "do not subcribe".

After setting that option to "no email notification" I think that all your previous subscriptions still have email notifications. So you shouldn't get any notifications for new threads, just when someone comments to thread that you subscribed to previously.

Either wait a while for these threads to die, or go through to manually unsubscribe and resubscribe to any threads you want to follow (making sure to choose "no email notification" when you do).

Edit: Better advice:

Go to your usercp, choose "List Subscriptions" along the left side, click the checkbox at the top to select all, go to the drop down box at the bottom and choose "No email notification". You may need to repeat this if you have more than one page worth of subscriptions.

Evo said:
Try setting to "do not subcribe".

Hey evo. Just to let you know, it does not work.

NeoDevin said:
After setting that option to "no email notification" I think that all your previous subscriptions still have email notifications. So you shouldn't get any notifications for new threads, just when someone comments to thread that you subscribed to previously.

Either wait a while for these threads to die, or go through to manually unsubscribe and resubscribe to any threads you want to follow (making sure to choose "no email notification" when you do).

Edit: Better advice:

Go to your usercp, choose "List Subscriptions" along the left side, click the checkbox at the top to select all, go to the drop down box at the bottom and choose "No email notification". You may need to repeat this if you have more than one page worth of subscriptions.

Just did the second advice. Not sure if i need to do it whenever i subscribe to a new thread, probably ya. Anyhow, ty.

staddum said:
Hey evo. Just to let you know, it does not work.

Just did the second advice. Not sure if i need to do it whenever i subscribe to a new thread, probably ya. Anyhow, ty.

If you set the option for when you post to "No Email Notification", then you shouldn't have to do it every time.

NeoDevin said:
Exactly.

Eventually those old threads will mostly die off, but if any suddenly become active again you can unsubscribe, then resubscribe, to disable the email option for that thread. I still occasionally have to do this, and it's been about 2 years since I changed my notification setting. (It only happens every couple months or so, so it's not a big deal.)

1. Why am I not receiving email notifications?

There could be several reasons why you are not receiving email notifications. It could be due to an incorrect email address, an issue with your email server, or a problem with your notification settings. It is recommended to double-check your email address and make sure it is entered correctly. If the issue persists, try checking your spam or junk folder, and if you still do not see the notifications, contact your email provider for assistance.

2. How do I know if my email notification settings are turned on?

To check if your email notification settings are turned on, go to your account settings and look for the notification preferences section. Make sure the toggle for email notifications is turned on. Additionally, you can also try sending a test notification to see if it is successfully delivered to your email inbox.

3. What should I do if I am receiving too many email notifications?

If you are receiving an overwhelming amount of email notifications, you can adjust your notification settings to only receive notifications for specific actions or at certain intervals. You can also choose to turn off email notifications completely and rely on in-app notifications instead. This can help reduce the number of emails you receive while still staying updated on important information.

4. Can I customize the content of my email notifications?

Yes, in most cases, you can customize the content of your email notifications. This may include selecting which actions or events trigger an email notification, the frequency of notifications, and the format or layout of the email. Refer to your notification settings or contact the platform's support team for more information on customizing email notifications.

5. What should I do if my email notification settings are still not working?

If you have checked all the settings and your email notifications are still not working, it is recommended to clear your browser's cache and cookies and try again. If the issue persists, contact the platform's support team for further assistance. They may be able to troubleshoot the issue or provide a workaround solution.