Positive changes to PF Contributors fees

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Greg has set the 1 year gold membership fee to $11.99 to make it $1 a month. He also made the old 5 year into a near "lifetime" gold membership of 20 years instead of 5. He also bumped up PM storage to 500 from 300. All of this is great news for members.
I've set the 1 year gold membership fee to $11.99 to make it $1 a month. Also made the old 5 year into a near "lifetime" gold membership of 20 years instead of 5. For both plans I've bumped up PM storage to 500 from 300. Enjoy!

https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! Thanks, Greg :smile:!

Greg Bernhardt said:
I've set the 1 year gold membership fee to $11.99 to make it $1 a month. Also made the old 5 year into a near "lifetime" gold membership of 20 years instead of 5. For both plans I've bumped up PM storage to 500 from 300. Enjoy!

Lately, I've been told to only invest in things that pay dividends.

I've always considered knowledge a dividend.

hmmmm...

I'll be back tomorrow. The Chantix is making me want to kill someone at the moment.

(not you Greg)

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Bernhardt said:

What a good deal. I just added another year. Thanks Greg.

The new time period for "lifetime" must not be retroactive... my expiry date is still in 2013. No biggie as far as I'm concerned, though.

jtbell said:
The new time period for "lifetime" must not be retroactive... my expiry date is still in 2013. No biggie as far as I'm concerned, though.

That is correct, not retroactive.

If there was Greg Bernhardt underwear, I'd wear it.

Good! I like the PM part the most. :biggrin:
:tongue:

Dembadon said:

hmmmm interesting idea...

Dembadon said:
PF lingerie :biggrin: :rofl:

Astronuc said:
PF lingerie :biggrin: :rofl:

Haha! I'm not really the lingerie type. :blushing:

I was thinking of something more along the lines of:

[PLAIN]http://www.fakingcreativity.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/superman-underwear-150x150.jpg

I had quite a few pairs of these as a youngster; He-man, Spiderman, Batman, etc.

Dembadon said:
Haha! I'm not really the lingerie type. :blushing:

I was thinking of something more along the lines of:

[PLAIN]http://www.fakingcreativity.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/superman-underwear-150x150.jpg

I had quite a few pairs of these as a youngster; He-man, Spiderman, Batman, etc.
<sniggle>

Somehow I just can't imagine Greg's face on underwear.

Evo said:
<sniggle>

Somehow I just can't imagine Greg's face on underwear.

certainly not mens!

greg bernhardt said:
certainly not mens!
lololol

Greg Bernhardt said:
certainly not mens!

Other heroes don't seem to have any problems with it. What the hell, Greg? :grumpy:

Greg Bernhardt said:
For both plans I've bumped up PM storage to 500 from 300.

Now we know why you deleted all PMs - to make space for contributors mail.

Hmm... A "lifetime" membership is only 20 years? Do you know about some asteroid I don't know about??(Of course, I will be buying that lifetime membership sometime soon, either way.)

Greg Bernhardt said:

You spoil us.

What are the proposed changes to PF Contributors fees?

The proposed changes to PF Contributors fees involve increasing the contribution rate from the current 10% to 12%. This means that employees will have to contribute 12% of their salary towards their PF account instead of the previous 10%.

Why are there proposed changes to PF Contributors fees?

The proposed changes to PF Contributors fees are being made to address the current financial situation of the PF fund. There has been an increase in the number of claims and withdrawals, which has resulted in a decrease in the fund's balance. The increase in contribution rate will ensure that the fund remains sustainable and can meet the future needs of contributors.

How will the changes to PF Contributors fees affect employees?

The changes to PF Contributors fees will lead to a decrease in the take-home salary of employees as they will have to contribute more towards their PF accounts. However, this will also help in building a larger retirement corpus for employees, which will benefit them in the long run. Additionally, the increase in contribution rate will also lead to an increase in the employer's contribution, which will further add to the employee's PF balance.

Will the proposed changes to PF Contributors fees be implemented immediately?

No, the proposed changes to PF Contributors fees will not be implemented immediately. They are currently under consideration and will be finalized after taking into account the feedback from stakeholders. Once finalized, the changes will be implemented after a specified period of time to allow employers and employees to make necessary adjustments.

What should employees do in light of the proposed changes to PF Contributors fees?

Employees should start preparing for the proposed changes by adjusting their budget and considering the impact on their take-home salary. They should also stay updated with any developments and communicate with their employers to understand the timeline for implementation. It is also advisable to seek independent financial advice to make informed decisions about their PF contributions.