Can Love Truly Conquer All? A Beautiful Girl and a Lame Legged Man's Love Story

• Thread starter sameev29
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary: And it's hard, but *every* guy, short, tall, fat, thin, handsome, ugly, whatever... every guy has to do the same thing.In summary, the conversation discussed whether a beautiful girl could love and marry a man with a lame leg, referencing an episode of Mythbusters where it was deemed impossible. The consensus was that it is possible and happens all the time, as not all people are superficial. The conversation also touched on the idea that true love is about the heart, not physical appearance, and shared personal experiences and stories about successful relationships with physical differences. In summary, it was concluded that while it may be challenging, it is possible for someone with a disability to find love and
DaveC426913 said:
Why would she get angry? Why would she hate you? Do you plan to be mean to her?
The fact is she is a lot childish in many manners.She works as a part time reporter in a child based news program of a tv channel.She has met and known many many people.She also has another very very good friend who is also handicapped.His condition is serious than mine.He requires a stick to walk,can't walk fast or run.He is very nice,I am also friends with him.But she speaks with him many times a day on the phone.She tells all of her problems to him for help.She also talks with me everyday on the phone but lees than with him.I don't know maybe she really loves him.I am scared as she has more good male friends.

I don't know what to do :frown:.But she is the most affectionate and understanding female person I have ever met.Moreover I don't know if my mother will want her as my future wife.I can't go against my mom.In appearance she is shorter than me but as white as me,she isn't good in studies :uhh:,my family is much richer than her's(I am not making fun of her,just saying).We are just about to finish high school in a few months.

I never had any regular contact with any girl before.This has made my other friends,teachers much more suspective.They are warning her about having contact with me as the final high school graduation exam is very close.Last night she was telling me about the warning she got.I became angry about it.Then I behaved rough with her,telling her that normal healthy people are bad,she is also one of them.I feel bad about it now.

I don't know where this is going.I am scared very much at this moment.I feel pain in my chest when I think about these.Don't know what to do.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, you're in high school still? I wouldn't worry about anything, then. Try to remain calm. Be a little more light-hearted. You've got all the time in the world.

sameev29 said:
But she is the most affectionate and understanding female person I have ever met.Moreover I don't know if my mother will want her as my future wife.

Agree with feathermoon. High school is a little early to have feelings this strong. And too early to be looking at future wife candidates.

Where I come from we would suggest you "play the field" a little bit.

It's said that boys must have flat tummy before and after relationship and even after marriage to keep his soulmate attracted.Is it necessary for handicapped boys and men too?

My tummy was flat.But recently my waist has become more angled in a forward position.As a result my tummy has come out forward,which looks fat but it's not.When I make my waist straight it becomes like flat again.But it's so painful to keep my waist straight I can't do it.

Well it can't be understood while I am wearing clothes but if girls know about this they will hate me more and those who might like me would just leave me.What should I do about it?

sameev29 said:
...they will hate me more and those who might like me would just leave me.What should I do about it?

You should seek counselling to deal with your esteem issues.

Girls are not turned off by bellies. They are turned off by men with low self-esteem.

DaveC426913 said:

Girls are not turned off by bellies. They are turned off by men with low self-esteem.
Agreed.

DaveC426913 said:

Are you telling the truth.I read in a 'wiki how' article about 'sustaining a relationship' that boys should have flat tummy to keep last the attraction forever.I have self esteem maybe not that much you are talking about but I have.

And it's happening because of my waist is getting angled will they understand that?

sameev29 said:
Are you telling the truth.I read in a 'wiki how' article about 'sustaining a relationship' that boys should have flat tummy to keep last the attraction forever.I have self esteem maybe not that much you are talking about but I have.

And it's happening because of my waist is getting angled will they understand that?

Seriously. Self esteem is a muuuch bigger issue. (As is getting your relationship advice from a Wiki. Now, a science forum - that's OK! :smile: )

But seriously, you are barking up the wrong tree. Talk to someone.

DaveC426913 said:
Seriously. Self esteem is a muuuch bigger issue. (As is getting your relationship advice from a Wiki. Now, a science forum - that's OK! :smile: )

But seriously, you are barking up the wrong tree. Talk to someone.

You sure that my problem is okay or are you just saying it to make me feel better?

sameev29 said:
You sure that my problem is okay or are you just saying it to make me feel better?

No, I'm saying your belly is the least of your problems. You need to deal with your low self-esteem. You are worried about the wrong thing.

Given a choice between a handicapped man with a small belly, and a man who thinks that people will hate him because he has a belly, the ladies are going to choose the one who has a healthy sense of self and confidence.

You reveal yourself as someone who is overly-concerned with physical looks. You will dump her the moment she gains a small belly. What woman wants that?

DaveC426913 said:
No, I'm saying your belly is the least of your problems. You need to deal with your low self-esteem. You are worried about the wrong thing.

Given a choice between a handicapped man with a small belly, and a man who thinks that people will hate him because he has a belly, the ladies are going to choose the one who has a healthy sense of self and confidence.

You reveal yourself as someone who is overly-concerned with physical looks. You will dump her the moment she gains a small belly. What woman wants that?

''You will dump her the moment she gains a small belly.'' what do you mean by that?By the way my tummy isn't fat really it looks fat because of my waist getting angled forward.

Truly the source of all low self confidence issues are what you tell yourself in your own head with your inner voice. If you ever have a thought 'I'm not good/skinny/funny enough' or 'I'm ugly/shy/doing things wrong', then you're sabotaging yourself. Most people don't have these thoughts except on the odd occasion. A few people have them often.

All you need to do is replace every negative thought you have about yourself with a positive. Literally, every time you catch yourself rationalizing an event with negative self-talk, stop yourself and think of a positive thing about yourself. Positive self-talk all the time. Never let yourself have a negative thought about yourself again. Some times you might wonder if you're lying to yourself, don't. No one is any better or worse than anyone else unless they tell themselves they are.

Do not worry a bit about anything that happens in high school. Its a tiny part of your life. Just always remember: positive self-talk. No matter what. No negatives. It benefits your personality more than you'd think.

feathermoon said:
Truly the source of all low self confidence issues are what you tell yourself in your own head with your inner voice. If you ever have a thought 'I'm not good/skinny/funny enough' or 'I'm ugly/shy/doing things wrong', then you're sabotaging yourself. Most people don't have these thoughts except on the odd occasion. A few people have them often.

All you need to do is replace every negative thought you have about yourself with a positive. Literally, every time you catch yourself rationalizing an event with negative self-talk, stop yourself and think of a positive thing about yourself. Positive self-talk all the time. Never let yourself have a negative thought about yourself again. Some times you might wonder if you're lying to yourself, don't. No one is any better or worse than anyone else unless they tell themselves they are.

Do not worry a bit about anything that happens in high school. Its a tiny part of your life. Just always remember: positive self-talk. No matter what. No negatives. It benefits your personality more than you'd think.

Thanks feathermoon.I will be going to college in a few months.Actually I have been lonely most of my life.Had some friends a few years back but they turned against me at one point and said bad words to me.I feel much much lonely now and want someone to love me forever for what I am,the way I am.Don't know if I can find a girl like that but hope God does something for me.

I can't trust people now,I always fear if they turn against me or use me.By the way do you think my fat tummy which is happening because of the angled waist a big problem?

What should I do with my tummy?Should I start exercising to loose it or just leave it?I am starting to hate myself,no girl will love me forever.

As has been said, you should seek professional help for your issues.

<h2>1. Is love really powerful enough to overcome physical limitations?</h2><p>While there is no definitive answer to this question, many people believe that love has the ability to conquer all obstacles, including physical limitations. Love can provide motivation, support, and strength to overcome challenges and find creative solutions.</p><h2>2. Can a beautiful girl truly love a man with a physical disability?</h2><p>Yes, a person's physical appearance does not determine their ability to love someone else. Love is based on emotional connection, understanding, and compatibility, not superficial qualities.</p><h2>3. What challenges might a couple face in a relationship where one partner has a physical disability?</h2><p>Some potential challenges could include physical limitations, financial constraints, and societal stigma. However, with open communication, support, and understanding, these challenges can be overcome and the relationship can thrive.</p><h2>4. How can love help a person with a physical disability?</h2><p>Love can provide emotional support, motivation, and a sense of purpose for a person with a physical disability. It can also help them to feel accepted and valued for who they are, rather than defined by their disability.</p><h2>5. Is it possible for a person with a physical disability to have a successful and fulfilling romantic relationship?</h2><p>Absolutely. A person's physical abilities do not determine their worth or their ability to have a loving relationship. With the right partner and a strong support system, a person with a physical disability can have a happy and fulfilling romantic relationship just like anyone else.</p>

1. Is love really powerful enough to overcome physical limitations?

While there is no definitive answer to this question, many people believe that love has the ability to conquer all obstacles, including physical limitations. Love can provide motivation, support, and strength to overcome challenges and find creative solutions.

2. Can a beautiful girl truly love a man with a physical disability?

Yes, a person's physical appearance does not determine their ability to love someone else. Love is based on emotional connection, understanding, and compatibility, not superficial qualities.

3. What challenges might a couple face in a relationship where one partner has a physical disability?

Some potential challenges could include physical limitations, financial constraints, and societal stigma. However, with open communication, support, and understanding, these challenges can be overcome and the relationship can thrive.

4. How can love help a person with a physical disability?

Love can provide emotional support, motivation, and a sense of purpose for a person with a physical disability. It can also help them to feel accepted and valued for who they are, rather than defined by their disability.

5. Is it possible for a person with a physical disability to have a successful and fulfilling romantic relationship?

Absolutely. A person's physical abilities do not determine their worth or their ability to have a loving relationship. With the right partner and a strong support system, a person with a physical disability can have a happy and fulfilling romantic relationship just like anyone else.