Root Programming: Draw Charge, Mass, Energy Distribution & More

In summary, you can do the following:- Draw the charge, mass and energy distribution of the reaction products- Draw the multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments as function of impact parameter and excitation energy- Draw the position distribution of the different fragments (as function of Z) to determine the geometrical acceptance of the detectors- Draw the Zmax as function of Zbound (do the same for each one as function of the impact parameter.
lamyaa
Hi all,

I want ask you about root programming, if I have the SMM data

How I can do the following:

1- Draw the charge, mass and energy distribution of the reaction products

2- Draw the multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments as function of impact parameter and excitation energy

3- Draw the position distribution of the different fragments (as function of Z) to determine the geometrical acceptance of the detectors

4- Draw the Zmax as function of Zbound (do the same for each one as function of the impact parameter.

thanks a lot,

Technology news on Phys.org
lamyaa said:
Hi all,

I want ask you about root programming, if I have the SMM data

How I can do the following:

1- Draw the charge, mass and energy distribution of the reaction products

2- Draw the multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments as function of impact parameter and excitation energy

3- Draw the position distribution of the different fragments (as function of Z) to determine the geometrical acceptance of the detectors

4- Draw the Zmax as function of Zbound (do the same for each one as function of the impact parameter.

thanks a lot,

If you want any help, you need to show what you have done first. Is this schoolwork?

More info than you provided is needed for anyone to help you. These aren't generic ROOT questions. You are asking questions that would need extensive knowledge of the experiment this data is from. What is the SMM data? The Solar Maximum Mission? That's from the 1980s...

Also as was already asked, are these questions from an assignment? The wording sure seems like an assignment...

If it's not an assignment, do you know anyone else that works on this experiment? They would be the only ones that could help you.

I want to learning root programming and my Doctors give me some examples in nuclear physics and I will do that.

I have A (atomic mass number ) , Z ( atomic number) , E (Energy), impact, momentum and Theta data see attachment

My attempts is:

1- Draw between Z and A

2- Draw between Z and E

see attachment

How I can extract the multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments and the position of the different fragments from this data ?

thanks a lot

Attachments

• data.jpg
    data.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 456
  • A&Z.jpg
    A&Z.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 434
  • E & Z.jpg
    E & Z.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 454

I am happy to assist you with your questions about root programming and analyzing SMM data. To answer your first question, to draw the charge, mass, and energy distribution of reaction products, you can use the root programming language to create histograms or graphs of these variables. You can also use the "Draw" function in root to visualize the data in a more interactive way.

For your second question, drawing the multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments as a function of impact parameter and excitation energy can also be done using root programming. You can use the "TGraph" function to plot the multiplicity as a function of these variables.

To answer your third question, drawing the position distribution of different fragments as a function of Z to determine the geometrical acceptance of detectors can be achieved by creating 2D histograms or using the "TProfile" function in root. This will allow you to see the position of the fragments along the Z-axis and assess the detector's coverage.

Lastly, for your fourth question, you can use root programming to draw Zmax as a function of Zbound by creating a graph or histogram of these variables. You can also use the "TGraphErrors" function to include error bars in your plot.

I hope this helps answer your questions about using root programming for analyzing SMM data. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your research!

1. What is Root programming?

Root programming is a software framework used for data analysis and visualization in high-energy physics. It is widely used by scientists to analyze and manipulate large datasets from particle physics experiments.

2. What can you do with Root programming?

With Root programming, you can perform a variety of tasks such as data visualization, statistical analysis, and data manipulation. It also allows for the creation of high-quality graphics and interactive applications for data exploration.

3. How does Root programming draw charge, mass, energy distribution, and more?

Root programming has a built-in library of functions and tools specifically designed for drawing charge, mass, energy distribution, and other important parameters in high-energy physics. These functions use complex algorithms to accurately represent the data in a visual format.

4. Is Root programming difficult to learn?

Root programming can be challenging to learn, especially for those without a background in programming. However, with proper training and practice, it can be a powerful tool for data analysis in high-energy physics.

5. How is Root programming used in scientific research?

Root programming is widely used by scientists in various fields of high-energy physics research. It allows for efficient analysis and visualization of large datasets, making it an essential tool for understanding complex physical phenomena and making new discoveries.