What is the Dynamic Scaling Theory for Ultrasonic Absorption in Binary Mixtures?

In summary, a master student preparing for their thesis on the ultrasonic absorption for binary mixtures using the dynamic scaling theory, set by Ferrell and Bhattacharjee, is seeking additional information and papers on the subject. They have already read a lot but are looking for more resources to further their understanding. Some users suggest that as a master student, they should already have a solid understanding and be conducting their own research.
wonder phy
hello everyone
i am a master student and right now i am preparing for my thesis which is about
the ultrasonic absorption for binary mixtures using the dynamic scaling theory
that theory has been set by Ferrell and Bhattacharjee
if anyone have information about this subject or papers i can use i will be thankful
because i have found only the abstract papers from scientific magazines
or if you know people worked in this subject i can communicate with

thanks any way

Physics news on Phys.org
If you are preparing for your thesis, should you not already be reasonably well-versed in this topic?

OK i have read a lot about this topic but you know more information won't be bad
that's what i am looking for

I have to agree with boneh3ad

if you are doing your masters thesis ... you should be already well versed in the subject and you should be doing your own research and experimentation, to be able to present your own set of results on the chosen subject.

if you are unable to do that, then maybe you haven't chosen the correct subject to do your masters on

cheers
Dave

The Dynamic Scaling Theory for Ultrasonic Absorption in Binary Mixtures is a theoretical framework that aims to explain the behavior of ultrasonic waves in mixtures of two different substances. This theory, developed by Ferrell and Bhattacharjee, uses the concepts of dynamic scaling and critical phenomena to predict the absorption of ultrasonic waves in binary mixtures.

The theory suggests that the behavior of ultrasonic waves in binary mixtures can be described by a universal function, which depends on the composition and thermodynamic properties of the mixture. This function follows a power law relationship, where the absorption is proportional to a power of the frequency of the ultrasonic wave.

This theory has been validated by various experimental studies and has been applied to different types of binary mixtures, such as liquid-liquid, solid-liquid, and gas-liquid mixtures. It has also been extended to ternary and higher order mixtures.

I would suggest that you explore research papers and publications by Ferrell and Bhattacharjee to gain a deeper understanding of the theory and its applications. You can also reach out to other researchers in this field and discuss their work to broaden your knowledge on the subject. Additionally, attending conferences and workshops related to ultrasonic absorption and binary mixtures can also provide valuable insights and opportunities for networking with experts in the field.

1. What is ultrasonic absorption?

Ultrasonic absorption refers to the process by which ultrasonic waves are absorbed and converted to heat energy by a medium or material.

2. How is ultrasonic absorption measured?

Ultrasonic absorption is typically measured using a device called a spectrometer, which measures the intensity of the ultrasonic waves before and after they pass through the material.

3. What factors affect ultrasonic absorption?

The factors that can affect ultrasonic absorption include the frequency and intensity of the ultrasonic waves, the density and structure of the material, and the temperature and pressure of the medium.

4. What are the applications of ultrasonic absorption?

Ultrasonic absorption has various applications in industries such as medical imaging, non-destructive testing, and material characterization. It is also used in cleaning, cutting, and welding processes.

5. Can ultrasonic absorption be used for medical purposes?

Yes, ultrasonic absorption is commonly used in medical imaging techniques like ultrasound and in therapeutic applications like high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for targeted tissue ablation.