Is it possible to be a physicist for mechanic and electronic Engineers?

In summary, The speaker is from China and majored in mechanic and electronic in college. They now want to pursue physics and are seeking advice. They are currently studying electronic engineering and their email is daifeili@163.com. Another speaker mentions that they are also studying electronic engineering and offers their email as abdoz300@hotmail.com for further discussion. They also state that they do not believe physics studies interfere with electronic studying and think it is a great idea to pursue both.
daifeili
Hello everybody,I am from China,and I majored in mechanic and electronic in a college. now I want to devotee myself to physic. Anybody experienced,do you think it is possible and wish you some advice.
Thanks for reply,my e-mail is daifeili@163.com:rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
you're now studying in electronic college and want also to have physics course , is that what you meant?! if yes, it's a very great idea , why not?
I don't think that physics studies interference with electronic studying.

for me I'm studying electronic engineering but still undergraduated . As you referred to your e-mail , here's mine: abdoz300@hotmail.com

still discussing ...

Yes, it is definitely possible to become a physicist with a background in mechanical and electronic engineering. In fact, many successful physicists have backgrounds in various fields such as engineering, mathematics, and computer science. The skills and knowledge gained in engineering, such as problem-solving and analytical thinking, can be very valuable in the field of physics. My advice would be to pursue your interest in physics, perhaps by taking additional courses or self-study, and to network with other physicists to gain insights and advice on how to make the transition. Good luck in your pursuit!

1. Can a physicist work as a mechanic or electronic engineer?

Yes, it is possible for a physicist to work in the fields of mechanics and electronics. Physics is a broad and interdisciplinary field that covers various aspects of the physical world, including mechanics and electronics. Many physicists specialize in these areas and have the necessary skills and knowledge to work as mechanics or electronic engineers.

2. What skills does a physicist need to work as a mechanic or electronic engineer?

A physicist working in the fields of mechanics and electronics needs to have a strong foundation in physics, mathematics, and computer science. They also need to have practical skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail. Additionally, knowledge of specific software and tools used in these fields is also beneficial.

3. Do physicists and engineers have similar job responsibilities?

While there may be some overlap in job responsibilities, physicists and engineers have different roles and duties. Physicists focus on understanding the fundamental laws of nature and conducting research, while engineers apply scientific principles to design, develop, and improve practical solutions for real-world problems.

4. Can a physicist become a licensed engineer?

In most cases, a physicist would need to obtain additional education and training to become a licensed engineer. This typically involves completing a degree or certification program in engineering and passing a licensing exam. However, having a background in physics can be helpful in pursuing a career as an engineer.

5. Are there job opportunities for physicists in the fields of mechanics and electronics?

Yes, there are many job opportunities for physicists in the fields of mechanics and electronics. Some examples include working in research and development, designing and testing new technologies, and consulting for companies in various industries. With the increasing demand for advancements in technology and innovation, there is a growing need for physicists in these fields.