Problem with windows media player 11 ( )

• Thread starter amitpraut
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Windows
In summary, the conversation is about a problem with Windows Media Player 11. The person is unable to uninstall the program because they need to validate their copy of Windows, but they are unable to do so. They have attempted to remove the program from the control panel, but it keeps coming back after restarting the computer. Another person suggests removing Microsoft Genuine Advantage, which may be causing the issue.
amitpraut
problem with windows media player 11 (please help)

hi everyone...
sorry am new in this forum,
i just wanted to knw that if anyone can help me thrugh this problem...
urmm am Having A problem with windows media player 11.
i have already installed this window plyaer 11 on my pc, but the problem is am getting a maasage its says validate your copy of windows,to get the window player 11 i must verify that microfost window is genuine... therefor i can't even uninstall my media.
so pleas if anyone can solve this problem i will be very apriciated to them
u can reaply me on this add: talk2amit_raulz@hotmail.com
THANKS once agian for having time with me

Computer science news on Phys.org
Oh dear it sounds like you've downloded the microsoft update which looks to see if your running a dodgy unlicenced copy of windows.

Try removing it from the control panel add remove programs,you may will need to tick the box to see the windows updates.

if your copy of windows is not genuine you can't install v 11 or the new internet explorer either

hey brother, thanks for realpying me...
i have tryd removing from add and removeing programme but still it dnt let me uninstall media v11,well i hv uninstall it says succefull uninstalation buh phicilly its cums bk on agian wen i restart my pc
if u knw more information about it then let me knw thanks
tc

you have to get rid of Microsoft Genuine Advantage... I know that there is guides for this on the internet.. google "remove Microsoft Genuine Advantage" or something like that I guess

What is the problem with Windows Media Player 11?

The most common issue with Windows Media Player 11 is that it often crashes or freezes while playing videos or music. This can be caused by various factors such as outdated drivers, corrupted media files, or conflicts with other programs.

How can I fix the crashing or freezing issue with Windows Media Player 11?

There are a few steps you can try to resolve this problem. First, make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Windows Media Player 11. Then, try updating your graphics card drivers and running a system scan for any corrupted files. You can also try disabling any third-party plugins or add-ons that might be causing conflicts with the media player.

Why am I getting an error message when trying to play a video in Windows Media Player 11?

If you are receiving an error message while trying to play a video, it could be due to a missing codec or a corrupted media file. Windows Media Player 11 might not have the necessary codec to decode the video file, which can result in an error. Try downloading and installing a codec pack, or try playing the video in a different media player.

Can I uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player 11?

Yes, you can uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player 11. However, it is not recommended as it is a built-in program in Windows operating system and there is a risk of causing further issues. Instead, you can try resetting the media player to its default settings or restoring it to an earlier working state using System Restore.

Is there an alternative to Windows Media Player 11?

Yes, there are many alternative media players available that you can use instead of Windows Media Player 11. Some popular options include VLC media player, Media Player Classic, and Winamp. These media players offer similar features and support a wide range of media formats.