Discovering Atomic Radii for Isotopes: A Comprehensive Guide

It is as if when they are packed together they do not wobble around as a gas atom does. They are close enough to be influenced by the next atom, and this is part of the definition of an "ion" or "ionic radius" I imagine.In summary, the conversation discusses the search for atomic radii for isotopes and the difficulties in accurately determining them. The speaker has found a formula for calculating atomic radii from mass, but is looking for confirmation of its accuracy. They also mention the relationship between the number of electrons and atomic radii, suggesting that quarks and electrons play a major role in determining size. The conversation also touches on the definition of ionic radius and
I very much appreciate the advise particularly from those with professional training in Particle Physics. I have taken an amateur interest in cosmology for many years. As a follow on from this I ended up dealing with the question of the structure of fundamental particles; in the belief that the closer one reaches back to the beginning the simpler the problem should be, and the simple problems are all I can manage.
There is a very simple system for finding the radii (if they exist)of elements and isotopes, and I intend to finish finding them and then look to see if I can go any further. In this I am encouraged by the lack of firm reference on the subject matter.
Mant thanks
elas

Physics news on Phys.org
I have at last found an authoritive quote-

..."However,the nuclear and atomic properties of isotopes can be different. The electronic energy levels of an atom depend upon the nuclear mass. Thus corresponding atomic levels of isotopes are slightly shifted relative to each other."
(From an ancient science encyclopedia in our ancient library)

My method reveals the amount of shift per nucleon added or removed in terms of mass and radius. If anyone is aware of such a method already in existence I would like to have the details, otherwise you are going to be bored with my amateur version in the near future.

Please go to "Vacuum force model in "theory Developement