Idea from a laymen (transportation system)

In summary: Implanted hearing aids? Metal tooth fillings? Trusses, and other appliances which perhaps we should not mention?heart pacemakers? Implanted hearing aids? Metal tooth fillings? Trusses, and other appliances which perhaps we should not mention?In summary, this person is trying to invent a maglev subway. They believe that it would be cost-effective and secure passengers. They also mention that prosthetic devices could pose a danger on the trip.
tk448
Hello

I've just joined the forum and know very little about physics but I have a passionate interest in exploring ideas and I'm curious if there any advancements that are being carried out already in the transport field.

I'd appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

Cheers.

282gcco.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
It looks to me like you're basically trying to invent a maglev subway, is that the idea?

Mech_Engineer said:
It looks to me like you're basically trying to invent a maglev subway, is that the idea?

Hmm, more kind of 'inverted electric motor' because the whole tunnel you mention *is* the track around the whole train (thus increasing magnetic field similar to how a typical electric motor works).

With that precision fit, that thing would be one heck of an air pump. forget the magnets to move you, seal the ends and shoot it with vacumn or pressure. I have to wonder about the concentraited mag field inside. It could save seating as you could secure everyone to the walls by their steel accessories (jewelry, beltbuckles) and kill every electronic device inside. with an MRI the outside "containment field" is a significant consummer of power

" Conductor sez: closing doors and preparing to move"
(slight buzzing noise)
>THUMP< (as everyone sticks to the outside wall like a cheap carnaval ride)
"all passengers now secure"
(I am sorry, but the picture in my head is hilarious! lol)

dr

dr dodge said:
With that precision fit, that thing would be one heck of an air pump. forget the magnets to move you, seal the ends and shoot it with vacumn or pressure. I have to wonder about the concentraited mag field inside. It could save seating as you could secure everyone to the walls by their steel accessories (jewelry, beltbuckles) and kill every electronic device inside. with an MRI the outside "containment field" is a significant consummer of power

" Conductor sez: closing doors and preparing to move"
(slight buzzing noise)
>THUMP< (as everyone sticks to the outside wall like a cheap carnaval ride)
"all passengers now secure"
(I am sorry, but the picture in my head is hilarious! lol)

dr
This would save on having security personnel on board as no one would disturb any others physically.

there you go
cost savings already

dr

dr dodge said:
there you go
cost savings already

dr

How about, a pully system with a maglev. Two motors on either end pulling the unit?

maybe we are overthinkin this
think 4 man pod, very good seal between the tube and the car
it would take very little differential pressure to make it haul butt
and the station truster uses piezio-electric compound like used in air bags at every station
boom, next stop, boom,
the pods could never hit each other because of the compression wave at the front
make the station like a big 6 shooted revolver cylinder

dr

dr dodge said:
maybe we are overthinkin this
think 4 man pod, very good seal between the tube and the car
it would take very little differential pressure to make it haul butt
and the station truster uses piezio-electric compound like used in air bags at every station
boom, next stop, boom,
the pods could never hit each other because of the compression wave at the front
make the station like a big 6 shooted revolver cylinder

dr
Yeah that's a good one too, I wonder what speed this could go at. I suppose there's very little limit.

I just hope you arrange to screen all the passengers carefully before they get into this contraption. Not just for guns and knives!

What about prosthetic devices, like those metal plates they use to repair badly broken bones? Artificial hips etc? Heart pacemakers? Implanted hearing aids? Metal tooth fillings? Trusses, and other appliances which perhaps we should not mention?

Now I don't know which of these would really pose a danger, but I'm willing to bet that those with artificial pacemakers would go on a pretty fast trip to one main terminus or the other.

1. What is a transportation system?

A transportation system is a network of infrastructure, vehicles, and technologies that allows people and goods to be moved from one location to another.

2. Why is it important to have an efficient transportation system?

An efficient transportation system is crucial for economic growth and development, as it allows for the movement of goods and services, creating jobs and increasing trade. It also improves accessibility and connectivity for individuals, enhancing their quality of life.

3. How can we improve our current transportation system?

Improving our current transportation system can be achieved through implementing new technologies such as autonomous vehicles, improving public transportation systems, building new infrastructure, and promoting sustainable modes of transportation such as biking and walking.

4. What are the challenges in creating a transportation system?

Some of the challenges in creating a transportation system include funding, land acquisition, environmental concerns, and coordinating different modes of transportation. There are also social and cultural factors to consider, as well as the need to constantly adapt to new technologies and changing demands.

5. How can we make transportation systems more sustainable?

To make transportation systems more sustainable, we can promote the use of renewable energy sources such as electric or hydrogen-powered vehicles, prioritize public transportation and active modes of transportation, and implement sustainable urban planning that reduces the need for long-distance travel. We can also encourage the use of alternative fuels and technologies that reduce emissions and promote environmentally-friendly practices in the transportation industry.