Question for electronic engineers

• Thread starter rachwes1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electronic
In summary, having a technical college degree can lead to good job opportunities with competitive salaries, depending on the field of study. Employers are increasingly recognizing the value of technical college degrees and may prioritize relevant experience and skills over a traditional 4-year degree. Attending a technical college may also allow for faster acquisition of knowledge and work experience, leading to long-term success.
rachwes1
Question for electronic engineers!

Im am going to school for a bachelors degree and have a couple of schools in mind. One is southern california institute of technology scitech.edu and the other is going to a jc and transfering to calstate. I was wondering if there are good jobs for people who went to a technical college for this. and if so what are salary differences from technical school and traditional. One of the key points in me wanting to go more to scit is i can get my bachelors in three years because there are no breaks in school. I am just sketchy about losing my money for a job i can't get no matter how much i know. Any help on this subject would be GREATLY appreciated or if you have any type of advise for me. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
In general, having a technical college degree from a reputable school will provide you with marketable skills and should open up job opportunities. Depending on the field you specialize in, salaries can vary significantly between those who obtain a traditional 4-year degree from a university and those who have a technical college degree. However, employers are increasingly recognizing the value of technical college degrees and are more likely to hire those with relevant experience and specialized skills, rather than simply those with a 4-year degree. Therefore, the advantage of attending a technical college is that you may be able to gain relevant work experience and knowledge quickly which, in the long run, may be just as beneficial as a traditional 4-year degree.

1. What is the role of an electronic engineer?

An electronic engineer designs, develops, and tests electronic systems and devices. They are responsible for creating and improving technologies such as computers, communication systems, and medical equipment.

2. What education is required to become an electronic engineer?

Most electronic engineers have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field. Some may also have a master's degree or PhD, depending on their area of specialization.

3. What skills are necessary to be a successful electronic engineer?

Electronic engineers must have a strong understanding of mathematics, physics, and computer science. They also need excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills to design and troubleshoot complex systems.

4. What industries do electronic engineers typically work in?

Electronic engineers can work in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, aerospace, defense, healthcare, and consumer electronics. They may also work for government agencies, research institutions, or as consultants.

5. How is the job outlook for electronic engineers?

The job outlook for electronic engineers is positive, with a projected growth of 5% from 2019-2029. This is due to the increasing demand for new technologies and the need for skilled professionals to design and maintain them.