List new posts in last few hours

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter nvn
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of listing threads with new posts within a specific time frame and for specific forum areas, without having to use a search keyword. One option mentioned is using VB's clickable option in the admincp, but there is uncertainty about whether it allows for specifying the time period. It is also noted that manually going through sections of interest may be more useful, as the threads that show up may not be of interest.
nvn
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
How do you list threads having new posts within the last x hours, where say 1 h ≤ x ≤ 6 h, which people who are not logged in can use?

Physics news on Phys.org
VB has a clickable option in the admincp for that but I can't remember if one can specify the time period.

I believe "recent" post in general are include i.e last 10 threads responded to.

I don't know how useful it would be though; for me I know it won't be very useful since I can manually go through sections that interest me.

It is more likely than not that the threads that show up might not interest you.

Can't you just use "today's posts" and stop reading down the list at a certain point?

cristo: Yes. But I forgot to mention, I wanted to be able to list the threads with new posts for a couple of forum areas, such as Physics and Mathematics only. I tried to do this using the PF Search feature, but I think it forces you to enter a search keyword; otherwise, it won't run. In this case, we don't want a search keyword.

What does "List new posts in last few hours" mean?

This phrase refers to displaying a list of posts or articles that have been uploaded or published within a specific time frame, typically within the last few hours.

Why would someone want to list new posts in last few hours?

Listing new posts in the last few hours allows individuals to quickly and easily see the most recent content that has been published on a particular topic or platform.

How does the process of listing new posts in last few hours work?

The process typically involves using a search or filtering feature on a website or platform to display content that has been published within the last few hours. This can be done manually or with the help of algorithms and coding.

What are the benefits of listing new posts in last few hours?

Listing new posts in the last few hours can provide users with the most up-to-date information on a particular topic, making it easier to stay informed and engaged with current events or discussions.

Are there any limitations to listing new posts in last few hours?

One limitation is that it may not include all relevant or important posts on a topic, as some content may be published outside of the specified time frame. It also relies on accurate time stamps and may not account for posts that have been edited or updated. Additionally, it may not accurately reflect the most popular or high-quality posts, as these may not have been published in the last few hours.