Probability dice and coin

In summary, the probability of getting at least one 6 on the first roll is (6*1/50) = 6/25 = 2/10. The probability of getting it on the second roll is (6*1/25) = 6/12.5 = 3/8.
ParisSpart
Throw a dice and record the result. After flipping a fair coin. If it comes letters repeat. If it comes up heads stop. (In other words, throw the dice continuously until we crown the currency immediately after throwing the dice.)

What is the probability that the maximum effect of the dice will be seen exactly 2?

i think that i must use bernouli type like that : (n c k)p^k(1-p)^n-k but its not correct i hink that i am not use the right way to solve this problem maybe can i have any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Does that text come from a translation program?
You throw a die, stop with 50% probability afterwards, and repeat this until you stop, okay.

What does "maximum effect" mean?

maximum result of the dice

6?

Can you calculate the probability to get at least one 6? This will help to get the probability of exactly two times 6.

we want exactly the max result of the dice to be 2... i don't know how to think to solve this..

ParisSpart said:
i don't know how to think to solve this..
I posted a hint how you can approach the problem in post 4.

and how i can calculate at least one 6?

What is the probability to get 6 at the first roll?
If that does not happen (probability?), what is the probability to get it on the second?
What is the sum of all of those?

and how this going to help me for solve the problem ?

That is something you should find out. It is a simple multiplication of values of the intermediate result.

I will not solve the problem for you, that is not the purpose of this forum.

when i will find this sum with what i am going to multiply?

i don't want to solve this for me but i want you to be more specific

1. What is the probability of rolling a specific number on a six-sided dice?

The probability of rolling a specific number on a six-sided dice is 1 in 6 or approximately 16.67%. This is because there are six possible outcomes (numbers 1-6) and the probability of rolling any one of them is equally likely.

2. How do you calculate the probability of rolling a certain combination on multiple dice?

To calculate the probability of rolling a certain combination on multiple dice, you need to find the total number of possible outcomes and the number of desired outcomes. Then, divide the desired outcomes by the total outcomes. For example, if you want to roll a total of 8 on two six-sided dice, the probability would be 5/36 or approximately 13.89% (5 possible outcomes out of 36 total outcomes).

3. What is the difference between theoretical probability and experimental probability?

Theoretical probability is the likelihood of an event occurring based on mathematical calculations and assumptions, while experimental probability is based on actual results from conducting experiments or trials. Theoretical probability is often used to predict outcomes, while experimental probability is used to analyze and verify the accuracy of the predictions.

4. What is the probability of flipping a coin and getting heads three times in a row?

The probability of flipping a coin and getting heads three times in a row is 1/8 or 12.5%. This is because the probability of getting heads on one flip is 1/2, and to get three heads in a row, you need to multiply the probabilities together (1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/8).

5. Can you have a probability greater than 1 or less than 0?

No, probabilities cannot be greater than 1 or less than 0. A probability of 0 means an event is impossible, while a probability of 1 means an event is certain to occur. Any value in between 0 and 1 represents the likelihood of an event occurring.