About my thread (nothing serious)

• Thread starter gushen
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a thread on a forum where the OP made several unclear and ambiguous claims about a unified theory of perception. The conversation involved 20 well-put questions and comments from other users, but the admin eventually stated that the subject was not fit for meaningful philosophical discussion due to the lack of strong justification. The OP argued that philosophy should entertain dubious claims, but the admin remained skeptical. The OP respected the admin's point of view and thanked them for the learning experience.
gushen
After 20 well-put questions about the several claims I made in this thread (https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=98840), hypnagogue admin wrote:

I could go on like this for the remainder of the post, but I will refrain. The post is littered with claims whose meanings are exceedingly unclear and ambiguous and whose truth values are highly in doubt, without the benefit of any strong attempts at justification. This subject of discussion, as presented here, is not fit for any meaningful or productive philosophical discussion.

Any strong attempts of justification would require several pages long. So I can only conclude that only mainstream theories and things that are common-sense in the scientific community are discussed here. Even though Philosophy should indeed present dubious claims if we want it to be considered as a true science.

I agree with your skepticism. But the meaningul part was yet to come, after a sufficient number of questions or comments would have been made. The subject I was talking about is actually an unified theory of perception that yields everything you can think about. So it's clear that, to reduce everything in a simple thread, lots of unclear claims are needed. Unclear, productive and meaningful are all concepts dependant of your perception, which was so easily offended.

Anyway I respect your point-of-view. I learned from your behaviour and will continue my book with a renewed view. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you'd like to speak with hypnagogue you can PM him.

What is the purpose of my thread?

The purpose of your thread is to start a conversation or discussion on a specific topic. It can also be used to share information, ask for advice, or express your thoughts and opinions.

How do I create a thread?

To create a thread, go to the designated forum or discussion board and look for a button or link that says "Start a new thread" or something similar. Click on it and you will be prompted to enter a title and description for your thread. Once you submit it, your thread will be created and visible to others.

Can I edit or delete my thread?

Yes, you can edit or delete your thread at any time. Look for the options or buttons next to your thread and click on them to make any changes. Keep in mind that once a thread is deleted, it cannot be recovered.

Can I reply to other threads?

Absolutely! Replying to other threads is a great way to join the conversation and share your thoughts. Look for a "Reply" button or link within the thread and click on it to add your response.

How do I stay updated on my thread?

Most forums and discussion boards have an option to subscribe to threads. This means you will receive notifications whenever someone replies to your thread or a new post is added. Look for the "Subscribe" button or link within your thread to activate this feature.