Can a button replace the foot lever for gear shifting on a motorbike?

In summary, the speaker is a final year mechanical engineering student who is looking for help with their project. They want to create a button operated electromagnetic gear shifting system for a motorbike and are seeking ideas on how to implement it using stepper motors and solenoids.
rohitkpandey
Hi friends ! I am a student of mechanical engg final year.I have to submit a project.
I think to make a project on
"Button operated electromagnetic gear shifting system for two wheeler "
can someone help me how could be the principal?

Engineering news on Phys.org
rohitkpandey said:
Hi friends ! I am a student of mechanical engg final year.I have to submit a project.
I think to make a project on
"Button operated electromagnetic gear shifting system for two wheeler "
can someone help me how could be the principal?

Is that a motorbike or a pushbike? What exactly are you looking for? 'principal'? Some possible concepts? Can you give more details.

Actually it will be a motorbike in which we change gears by a button instead of leaver on foot as in bikes now a days. For that we have to work on some changes in gearbox maybe by using a stepper motor and solenoids. What are your ideas about that?

1. What is a mechanical engineering project?

A mechanical engineering project is a project that involves the design, development, and construction of mechanical systems or devices. It can also involve the analysis and improvement of existing mechanical systems.

2. What are some examples of mechanical engineering projects?

Examples of mechanical engineering projects include designing and building a robot, developing a new engine for a car, creating a new prosthetic limb, and improving the efficiency of a wind turbine.

3. How do you choose a topic for a mechanical engineering project?

Choosing a topic for a mechanical engineering project involves identifying a problem or need, researching potential solutions, and evaluating their feasibility and potential impact. It is important to consider the resources available, time constraints, and your own interests and skills.

4. What skills are required for a successful mechanical engineering project?

Some important skills for a successful mechanical engineering project include problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, technical knowledge, and the ability to work well in a team. It is also important to have a strong understanding of design principles, materials, and manufacturing processes.

5. What are the key steps in completing a mechanical engineering project?

The key steps in completing a mechanical engineering project include identifying a problem or need, conducting research and analysis, designing a solution, creating a prototype, testing and refining the prototype, and finally, documenting and presenting the project. It is important to also consider budget and timeline constraints throughout the process.