Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, this is what Evo.307.6 does all day at work: He plays the annual smack the penguin game. He got 300 on his first hit, but missed the first four times. He got 800 on his second hit, but conceded when his opponent posted a screen shot of his best score. Evo.307.6's best score is 321.1.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
This is what I really do all day at work.

http://www.spleck.net/smack_the_penguin/ [Broken]

THE ANNUAL SMACK THE PENGUIN GAME IS HERE!

1. Click once on the snowman and the penguin will leap from the cliff.
2. Click on the snowman again to hit the penguin as he descends from the
cliff.
3. What's your distance? Good Luck!

actually you can click anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
This is what I really do all day at work.
wow. I never realized that you and I have the same job, Evo.

307.6 and I know some hit it all the way into 800's :grumpy:

I love this game.

Math Is Hard said:
wow. I never realized that you and I have the same job, Evo.
That's why we get paid the big bucks. :biggrin:

I got 300 on my first hit. Of course I missed the first 4 times. :rolleyes:

800? :bugeye:

So is smacking the penquin some kind of naughty euphemism I should know about? Hey didn't you PF women dress in penquin attire for a time? :rolleyes:

My best was 310.5, but I really prefer the <100yd. worm-burners from an artistic standpoint. I'm particularly delighted by the way the flag lands when I've had good hang time. :devil:

Oh piss socks, is it really this time of year again already?

Artman said:
Hey didn't you PF women dress in penquin attire for a time? :rolleyes:
Shhhhh, that was *our* little secret. :redface:

320.5!

I've discovered that if you hit early, you get a higher trajectory, once the trajectory goes past a certain point, you always land at 200 ft, give or take, and get stuck face first. So the trick is to find the crossover point between getting stuck and bouncing forward, that way you bounce at 200 ft and slide for a ways. This should maximize the distance. My geekiness is showing again isn't it?

319.3, its kinda funny when you hit it right though, and it the penguin doesn't bounce and lands head first with his feet in the air.

franznietzsche said:
320.5!
I've discovered that if you hit early, you get a higher trajectory, once the trajectory goes past a certain point, you always land at 200 ft, give or take, and get stuck face first. So the trick is to find the crossover point between getting stuck and bouncing forward, that way you bounce at 200 ft and slide for a ways. This should maximize the distance. My geekiness is showing again isn't it?

uh yeah... that's what i did too, or something... 323.5, i win!

317.2 last time, but I'm not conceding. :grumpy:

its too late, didn't you see my last post. i win! concede! concede!

Gale said:
uh yeah... that's what i did too, or something... 323.5, i win!

I want to see a screen shot of that :grumpy:

My best is 321.1. Can't seem to get much past 320.

Never! :tongue:

Gale said:
its too late, didn't you see my last post. i win! concede! concede!
Hell no we won't go!

if you had asked, i'd've given you a screenshot, but its a bit late now... I've gotten over 320 only twice since. i guess I'm just god or something, its ok.

Gale said:
if you had asked, i'd've given you a screenshot, but its a bit late now... I've gotten over 320 only twice since. i guess I'm just god or something, its ok.

Oh I keep getting over 320, if 320.5 and 321.1 counts as over 320, then I'm quite good at getting over 320. just not very far over it.

My roommate has the same all time score as Gale, apparently he's played this before, he has a screenshot of a 323.5

franznietzsche said:
Oh I keep getting over 320, if 320.5 and 321.1 counts as over 320, then I'm quite good at getting over 320. just not very far over it.

its ok love, not everyone can be a winner. its just not your destiny to be the best. no worries though, you're still special to someone. see, if it weren't for losers like you, it wouldn't be so awesome to be a winner like me!

Ha! I got a 323.5! Here is my screenshot. You can check the date in the shot, yes this is mine not my roomate's.
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6451/screenshot37fk.png [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Gale said:
its ok love, not everyone can be a winner. its just not your destiny to be the best. no worries though, you're still special to someone. see, if it weren't for losers like you, it wouldn't be so awesome to be a winner like me!

Sorry, but since I've got proof, I tihnk I just licked your sorry behind.

I play the much more *very* violent version of this game:

http://fastgames.com/kittencannon.html

franznietzsche said:
Sorry, but since I've got proof, I tihnk I just licked your sorry behind.
I guess that will teach you, Gale! :tongue2::rofl:

Math Is Hard said:
I guess that will teach you, Gale! :tongue2::rofl:

Darn tootin'.

I am the king of smacking my penguin.

Last edited:
psshaw! you're just a follow franz. you thought i was so cool with my 323.5 that you just wanted to be just like me. imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Gale said:
psshaw! you're just a follow franz. you thought i was so cool with my 323.5 that you just wanted to be just like me. imitation is the highest form of flattery.

No, that's immolation. Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery. Do you still want me to flatter you?

Better do it Viking style if you do.

And I can't play either of the games because of this damned web filter.

Some day I'm going to file a lawsuit against you jerks...

There is an absolute maximum you can get in this game if anyone wants to know :P

Pengwuino said:
Some day I'm going to file a lawsuit against you jerks...
There is an absolute maximum you can get in this game if anyone wants to know :P

Yeah I kinda do want to know actually.

Nice game! I finally got to 323.5 after hitting 322.9 three times. Anyting between 189.1 and 207.3 is a definite face plant. Just for fun, how well can you bunt? I got a short on in the 80's then tried to shorten that, I promptly got a 71.7 and it took me about 10 more minutes to score a 64.1.

yomamma said:
I play the much more *very* violent version of this game:
http://fastgames.com/kittencannon.html
Just tried it - what a blast. Got an all-time high (OK, for 5 minutes or so...) of 1551 - lucky sequence of bounces as the kitten hit multiple explosives and floating bombs.

317.3 is my highest so far, but I got the biggest laugh out of my 207.6 shot that landed him beak-first in the snow with his feet still sticking out. :rofl:

<h2>1. What is "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!"?</h2><p>"Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!" is a popular online game that challenges players to test their reflexes and hand-eye coordination by smacking a penguin as far as possible using a club.</p><h2>2. How do you play "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!"?</h2><p>To play "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!", simply click on the penguin to make it jump, then click again to hit it with the club. The goal is to hit the penguin at the right angle and with the right amount of force to make it travel the farthest distance possible.</p><h2>3. Is "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!" suitable for all ages?</h2><p>While the game may seem violent, it is purely fictional and does not depict any real-life violence. However, it may not be suitable for young children due to the concept of hitting an animal. It is recommended for ages 13 and up.</p><h2>4. Are there any tips for getting a high score in "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!"?</h2><p>Yes, some tips for getting a high score in "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!" include aiming for a 45-degree angle and using the wind to your advantage. Also, try to hit the penguin at the peak of its jump for maximum distance.</p><h2>5. Can "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!" improve hand-eye coordination?</h2><p>Yes, "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!" can help improve hand-eye coordination as it requires quick reflexes and precise aim. Regularly playing the game can also help improve reaction time and coordination skills.</p>

1. What is "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!"?

"Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!" is a popular online game that challenges players to test their reflexes and hand-eye coordination by smacking a penguin as far as possible using a club.

2. How do you play "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!"?

To play "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!", simply click on the penguin to make it jump, then click again to hit it with the club. The goal is to hit the penguin at the right angle and with the right amount of force to make it travel the farthest distance possible.

3. Is "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!" suitable for all ages?

While the game may seem violent, it is purely fictional and does not depict any real-life violence. However, it may not be suitable for young children due to the concept of hitting an animal. It is recommended for ages 13 and up.

4. Are there any tips for getting a high score in "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!"?

Yes, some tips for getting a high score in "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!" include aiming for a 45-degree angle and using the wind to your advantage. Also, try to hit the penguin at the peak of its jump for maximum distance.

5. Can "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!" improve hand-eye coordination?

Yes, "Smack the Penguin: Test Your Skills & Have Fun!" can help improve hand-eye coordination as it requires quick reflexes and precise aim. Regularly playing the game can also help improve reaction time and coordination skills.