Chiropractic/osteopathic treatment for back and neck pain?

• Thread starter _Muddy_
  • Start date
In summary, the person is seeking help for pain in their lower back and is wondering if it is a pulled or strained muscle. They have tried using deep heat, arnica oil, and a heat wrap, but are open to other tips for speeding up the recovery process. They also mention having strained their neck muscle in the past and finding relief through chiropractic or osteopathic treatment. They ask for any additional tips from others.
_Muddy_
ok so i need a bit of help

ok I'm not sure what i have but to describe it: It is in my lower back. It doesn't hurt when i don't use my back, doesn't hurt too much when i run. When it hurts it's a sharp stining pain. Do these sypmtoms sound like a pulled muscle or a strained muscle. What are the best ways to recover from muscle pain? I've messaged it with deep heat and arnica oil. I've put a heat wrap on it aswell. The reason I've doen those things is that when I've strained my neck muscle they have worked. By the way i know time is probably the best solution however I'm looking for any other tips or things i could do to speed up the process

thanks

_Muddy_

Physics news on Phys.org
Might be a trapped nerve if its sharp and stinging. But go and see a doctor if it persists as nobody here can diagnose you.

Kurdt said:
Might be a trapped nerve if its sharp and stinging. But go and see a doctor if it persists as nobody here can diagnose you.

That's what my brother thought. But i was wondering if anyone knew any good ways of helping to get rid of the pain

_Muddy_ said:
… when I've strained my neck muscle …

Hi Muddy! :smile:

Neck … lower back … looks like the same problem with different symptoms.

Go to a chiropractor (or osteopath) … they know a lot more about the spine than your doctor does. :smile:

1. What are pushing and anti-pulling muscles?

Pushing muscles are muscles that contract to push or move objects away from the body, such as the chest, shoulders, and triceps. Anti-pulling muscles are muscles that contract to resist movement or prevent the body from being pulled in a certain direction, such as the back, biceps, and forearms.

2. What are some examples of exercises that target pushing and anti-pulling muscles?

Examples of exercises that target pushing muscles include push-ups, bench press, and shoulder press. Exercises that target anti-pulling muscles include pull-ups, rows, and bicep curls.

3. Why is it important to have a balance between pushing and anti-pulling muscles?

A balance between pushing and anti-pulling muscles is important for overall muscle strength and function. If one set of muscles is significantly stronger than the other, it can lead to muscle imbalances and increase the risk of injury. Additionally, having a balance between these muscles can improve posture and prevent muscular imbalances.

4. Can pushing and anti-pulling muscles be trained separately?

Yes, it is possible to train pushing and anti-pulling muscles separately. However, it is generally recommended to train both sets of muscles in a balanced way to prevent any muscle imbalances or asymmetry.

5. Are there any specific training techniques for targeting pushing and anti-pulling muscles?

Yes, there are specific training techniques that can target pushing and anti-pulling muscles. For pushing muscles, exercises that involve pushing against resistance, such as weightlifting, can be effective. For anti-pulling muscles, exercises that involve pulling against resistance, such as using resistance bands or performing bodyweight exercises, can be beneficial.