Creative Shirt Ideas for Physics People | Help from a Digital Graphics Major

• Thread starter 00StangGT
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation was about a Digital Graphics major seeking help from physics experts to design a shirt for his girlfriend's physics department. Suggestions were given, such as incorporating jokes about equations and inside references only physics people would understand. A link to a favorite science joke was also shared. The conversation also revealed that the girlfriend is a physics major with a minor in astronomy and the shirt design featuring the Maxwell equations was deemed perfect.
00StangGT
Physics People Help!

I have come here to seek help of the physics people. I am a Digital Graphics major and my girlfriend has come to me asking to design a shirt for her physics department in college. This is a problem since I am not mathmatically smart and know nothing about physics. She isn't really creative in the graphics area either.

So what I'm asking from you guys is what are some ideas you guys would come up with to put on shirts for other physics people. Jokes about equations, inside stuff only physics people would get, etc, etc.

I really appreciate all the help and I figured the best place to ask with so many physics people!

Physics news on Phys.org
bump!
----

You should check out the Science Jokes Sticky in this forum.

This is one of my favorites

http://home.comcast.net/~rossgr1/LIGHT.GIF [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just Brilliant ! :approve:

Your gf is a physics major?

Integral said:

[/URL]

Quality! :biggrin:

JasonRox said:
Your gf is a physics major?
yes she is with a minor in astronomy

I'll show her that picture tonight and see what it means :rofl:

It's the Maxwell equations in 3-vector form.

Integral said:

[/URL]

Greatness!

Blow up poster for my wall is where that one is going

Aside from the fact that i wouldn't wear that color scheme its perfect for a shirt.

1. How can I incorporate physics concepts into my shirt designs?

To incorporate physics concepts into your shirt designs, you can use images or icons that represent different principles or equations, or you can use clever puns or wordplay that relate to physics. You can also use popular quotes or sayings from famous physicists.

2. What are some design tips for creating visually appealing physics shirts?

Some design tips for creating visually appealing physics shirts include using a limited color palette, choosing high-quality and easily recognizable images or icons, and balancing text and graphics to create a cohesive design. It's also important to consider the placement of elements on the shirt and how they will look when worn.

3. Can you recommend any software or tools for creating physics shirt designs?

As a digital graphics major, I have experience using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, which are popular software for creating designs. These programs offer a wide range of tools and features that can help you create professional-looking designs. There are also many free online tools, such as Canva or PicMonkey, that offer design templates and easy customization options.

4. How can I make my physics shirts stand out and appeal to a wider audience?

To make your physics shirts stand out and appeal to a wider audience, you can consider incorporating popular culture references or current events into your designs. You can also create designs that are visually striking and unique, using different textures or effects. Collaborating with other designers or reaching out to influencers in the science community can also help increase exposure and interest in your shirts.

5. Are there any copyright or trademark concerns I should be aware of when designing physics shirts?

Yes, it's important to be mindful of copyright and trademark laws when designing physics shirts. Avoid using copyrighted images or logos without permission, and be careful not to infringe on any existing trademarks. It's always a good idea to do some research and consult with a legal professional if you have any concerns about the legality of your designs.