Good web sites on astrophysics

In summary, there are several reliable sources for information on astrophysics including NASA's official website, the European Space Agency's website, and the National Science Foundation's Astronomy and Astrophysics division website. To find the latest research and discoveries in astrophysics, one can visit websites such as arXiv and ScienceDaily or follow reputable astrophysicists and organizations on social media. There are also online courses and resources for learning about astrophysics such as Coursera's "The Evolving Universe" course, Khan Academy's tutorials, and MIT's OpenCourseWare. Data and images from space telescopes can be accessed on the internet through online archives, such as those for the Hubble Space Telescope and the Chandra X-ray
kirkgrove
I just want to know if anyone has any good web sites on astrophysics. I am a beginner and I do not know where to start. Thank you very much.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
http://www.calphysics.org/
http://xxx.arxiv.cornell.edu/ [Broken]

The first one is a good place to start. The second is the place to go to see current research. Also, have you tried google or google scholar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Web sites

Thank you for the web sites; and no I have not tried google yet but I will be sure and give it a shot.

1. What are some reliable sources for information on astrophysics?

Some reputable websites for information on astrophysics include NASA's official website, the European Space Agency's website, and the National Science Foundation's Astronomy and Astrophysics division website.

2. How can I find the latest research and discoveries in astrophysics?

Websites such as arXiv and ScienceDaily regularly publish new research and discoveries in the field of astrophysics. Additionally, following reputable astrophysicists and organizations on social media or subscribing to their newsletters can also provide updates on the latest developments.

3. Are there any online courses or resources for learning about astrophysics?

Yes, there are several online courses and resources available for learning about astrophysics. Some reputable ones include Coursera's "The Evolving Universe" course, Khan Academy's astrophysics tutorials, and MIT's OpenCourseWare on astrophysics.

4. Can I access data and images from space telescopes on the internet?

Yes, many space telescopes such as the Hubble Space Telescope and the Chandra X-ray Observatory have online archives where users can access and download images and data for their own research or personal interest.

5. How can I stay updated on upcoming events and missions in astrophysics?

Websites such as NASA's "What's Up" and Space.com provide information on upcoming events and missions related to astrophysics. Additionally, following reputable organizations and space agencies on social media can also provide timely updates on upcoming events and missions.